Tuesday, March 6, 2007

So today was a pretty sad and depressing day. Nothing terrible is happening to ME, just to everyone else I know. And it made me think about all the horrible things that happen ALL THE TIME to TONS OF PEOPLE. For some reason, that really got me down. I talked to Mom about it, and we brainstormed some really sweet things to think about instead. We came up with a good list. I'm going to be an aunt in 18 days!--that's a huge one. And we thought about sitting in front of the fire on the couch when it's raining, and smelling wassail, and standing in line for the Indiana Jones ride when it's like 8000+ degrees. (Totally worth it, by the way.) And when we first went on that ride when we were little, Katy was SO scared, but none of us wanted to wait outside the ride with her, so we just kept lying to her, saying that the ride would be different next time, and not as scary. We went again and again and she hated it every time. That's a good memory! So...I felt better. Moms are really good at that.

And then 24 was really awesome, and we all sat and reminisced about past seasons for like an hour. You CAN'T be sad after that.

Tomorrow will definitely be better. And overall I am very happy.

And hey, at least I have my health. (I'm clinging to it desperately.)

1 comment:

TheMoncurs said...

Man, I can't really imagine Katy being scared of anything. That's funny that she believed you..

And if you need a happy place, you can always go to the Emma tree...(seriously, I do sometimes. Who wouldn't want to escape to a gloriously green English field with a gorgeous tree that just cries out for a swing?)