Aight. Kayla used her blogger power to declare that I have to write 8 facts about myself, and my instinct told me to say HECK NO but then at the same time I found out she's PREGNANT!!!! Whoa man, congratulations. Little mini-Kaylas running around=a good thing. I can't really say no to a newly pregnant woman, so here goes.
1. I really like hygiene. I use it a lot. This summer, I usually take a shower in the morning before work, and a bath later on in the evening. There have been days where I took two showers or two baths. I'm not saying that's right, but it's just who I am right now. I wouldn't take a bath in filthy Park Place tubs though, so that habit's gotta be kicked.
2. I'm getting less concerned about looking good all the time. That's awkward to say. I'm just getting less vain, I think. It's mostly apparent when I make weird faces at cameras--I used to be too worried about looking ugly to do that. Sad, huh. I think this is a healthy thing. Also, I'm now okay with wearing sweatpants, and being in public with no makeup. I think I'm growing up!
3. I'm not good at many things, but I've identified at least 2: actor names and spelling. That's going to take me far.
4. Shopping at Williams-Sonoma makes me want to get married.
5. Most people already know this--I love drinking. All kinds of drinks. Favorites--lime-related drinks, cran-related drinks, chocolate milk, Sprite, Sunkist orange soda, and Dr. Pepper. I just need to like drinking water more.
6. I'm scared I'll have really really heinously ugly kids. Lucy is so dang gorgeous, I don't want my kids to be jealous of their cousin! I'll still love them though.
7. I'm a snob when it comes to literature, food brands, and states. That's not toooo bad though. Oh and movies and sometimes music. I'm a huge jerk.
8. I'm a gossip-monger! I didn't really know that until recently. I felt really bad in RS this week. It's not because I want to spread discontent and hatred. I just can't help but talk about interesting things that I hear about.
NO MORE WORK no more work no more work no more work!!!!! At least for a couple weeks.
I've been thinking about how old people acquire weird habits and do weird things and are just WEIRD. What weird things am I going to do? There's a lady at work who is both a food hoarder and a germophobe. That's an uneasy alliance of eccentricities, I tell you what. She has old nasty food everywhere, but it's all covered with kleenex to protect it. And I get to clean it up.
Ok ok, I will eat a banana sometime. Ok Kyle? Happy? You better be there to witness it--that event will not be repeated. Unless--whoa--what if it turns out that I LIKE bananas? I hope that's not true. I don't want to have to realign my identity and unique worldview.
Tomorrow I'm leaving California, that shouldn't make me so happy, but it does. Sorry California, I really do love you...just not right now.
I'm going to the Grand Canyon (again--second time in one season--overkill? NO. I think this time will be better--Lucy will be there!) and doing fun things for some days, then I'm going to Orderville to do the coolest hike ever, and I get to see Nieman and Seth again, EXCITING, then I'm going to Provo to reunite with my loved ones! I couldn't be more excited to go back to Park Place and all that it stands for. I have so much to look forward to!
Black Eyes: Vaccuum cords Bed skirts Work Addictions to Bravo Malfunctioning phones Bad dreams Slow postal system
Feathers in my Cap: Anti-bacterial hand soap Transformers Harry Potter 5 GARY OLDMAN Peanut Butter/Honey sandwiches Adonis statues Katy's birthday tomorrow 2 more days til vacation!
I think there are more good things than sucky things. Today I lied at work to get out of a date. I think Integrity will understand. Seriously though, I will never have a bed skirt. They just make it SO HARD to make the bed. I need to write this down on my list of solemn vows. It's a short list so far. Pretty much, I just need to read Vera Brittain's Testament of Youth and eat a pickle. I might have added on that I need to eat a banana...I fortunately do not remember. Looks like I dodged that bullet! Bananas suck! Put those on the list of Black Eyes.
Um...funny. Mom was digging through some old stuff and found this picture from my only surprise party, at Kayla's house, when I was like...12? Anyways, Kayla, I just wanted to remember the good old days! Mini bagel dogs and X-files and Emma. WHAT a good life. You're so cute in this picture! That's Ginger's hand, by the way...
Today I left work WAY early and finally fulfilled my destiny--I saw Live Free or Die Hard!!!! When I left the theater, my face hurt because I had been grinning for literally two hours. I was just so delighted by the absurd action sequences and blatant disregard for human life! It was incredible! I would see it again tomorrow if I could. The movie was extra-fantastic because it also served to remind me of the Die Hards of yesteryear. John McClane is the best thing that's ever happened to...me.
In other news...nope, that's it. It's nearly 9, and I'm seriously considering going to bed. No fireworks for me, I guess. I'm bailing on a couple people, but I really just don't feel up to it. Instead of going to bed at 11:40 last night, like I normally do, I managed to stay up til 12! (Whose fault could that possibly be? Hmm?) That 20 mins. makes all the difference apparently, sleep-wise. So I'm extra tired.
I just realized how different my life is now. Particularly my sleeping habits. Gone are the days of staying up til 3 and waking up at 10. That was only like 3 months ago! Will I ever get it back?? I WANT THAT LIFE BACK!!!!!! Oh Provo, why are you so far away from me??