Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Today was my first day at work. I am tired, and dreading the morrow. It's not REALLY bad, but who wants to clean for 8 hours? For the most part I'm either on my own, or dealing with old people. Most of them are really sweet. They touch my face and tell me how cute I am--that's totally fine with me. But today they put me in the dementia ward--ahhh scary. Not entirely, but I did get yelled at by some residents who couldn't figure out what I was doing in their room. I hate getting yelled at. It was scary.

Perks:
--Cool uniform. I like how I look. Simple, but professional.
--I'm making bank. I can put myself through college.
--Boosted self esteem. Old people think I'm adorable just because I smile at them.
--Dad's proud of me for having a hard job.
--My evenings are free.
--I'm learning how to wake up early.

Ok, counting my blessings worked, I feel a lot better about it.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Hey I work 8 hours cleaning too! only instead of scary old people, i'll have to deal with EFYrs. I know...obviously worse.
haha. I don't know if you heard but I got my call to Rostov, Russia!

TheMoncurs said...

Dude, working sucks. My master plan is to get pregnant soon and quit and stay home all day. And my job isn't that bad at all, but who wants to spend 8+ hours/day working for The Man (even when The Man is your father)?