Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Twofer

I have two blog-worthy events to write about.
1. Kyle's birthday!
Kyle's birthday was very fun (at least, for me!). I gave him his presents from me in the afternoon before my classes. I gave him a quad with his name on it (he lost his scriptures a while ago), a luxurious Dillards bathrobe that is seriously the softest thing ever (his old bathrobe is really short and he's embarrassed to wear it), and...a Blurb book! Guys, blurb.com is seriously cool. It was time-consuming but a really sentimentally valuable book. I mostly just can't wait for our kids to read it and know what dorks their parents were. It's really cute, and I'm very excited to have it. I mean, for Kyle to have it. Katy also gave him the rest of her presents--a very cool brown tie, a VERY attractive sweater (we're talking REALLY attractive), and a cool shirt. He got lots of clothes this year. He wore the sweater Mom and Dad gave him--I really like it.

That night we had a little birthday party for Kyle, which turned into a bigger party than I was expecting. The pictures are on facebook. It was pretty crowded. But it was fun! I made my first ever round layer cake. With fluffy frosting. I think it turned out well--it even mostly looked like the cakes Mom makes. We had one additional cake for mass consumption, with the words "Gimme yer fingernails!" on it--ah 30 Rock lines. Very appetizing. Lots of people came and we had a good time. The best was when everyone finally left and Cannon started playing piano--that put me out in like 2 minutes. Such a good little nap to such beautiful music! It was painful to get up and go at midnight, but I felt better because I got to witness a post-curfew #8 dance party.



2. My doctor's visit.
So, I've been getting headaches, pretty bad ones, pretty often. But everyone does, so no big deal, right? Well, on Sunday I had the worst headache ever. Like, I was a non-functioning human, crying in the dark in the fetal position. The weird part was that it never really went away. I felt better, but I still have a weird pain in the back of my head, and it's Thursday. The last several days have been pretty bad. So I talked to Mom about it, and she made me promise to go to the student health center today. I totally didn't want to, because I felt stupid going for just headaches. But I went today with Kyle, and it took forever, and we both missed our classes, which sucks. What also sucks is that I've been diagnosed with migraines. I have always felt very lucky to not be someone who gets migraines. I am now very disappointed with myself. Migraines suck. Also, my doctor is worried because of the increasing frequency of these migraines, and wants to make sure I don't have cancer. I have an appointment for a brain MRI on Tuesday (because I'm going out of town this weekend). Now, I'm pretty sure I don't have a brain tumor. If I did, I'd know about it. I'd be manifesting all sorts of interesting super powers right now--which I'm not. So no one should worry about it. It's just a teeny little bit alarming. Plus, I'm pretty claustrophobic, so the thought of an MRI is very uncomfortable. They're going to give me valium though, which is neat--reminds me of Prince Valium in Space Balls. So...yeah. I'll be fine. Plus I get to see a picture of my brain. That's cool.

At home, whenever we go to the doctor we get a treat afterwards. So after we left the health center Kyle and I went to Carrabbas because we've never been there before. Our verdict--meh. It was good, but not THAT good.
This is a very attractive picture of Kyle eating bread at Carrabbas. He's in the hot sweater.

OH another sad thing--the results of my shop-therapy from last week (aka my Forever 21 skirt) came today, and...whoa. I usually get a small size in skirts. Even at Forever 21. So I ordered a small. But this thing was not meant for humans! I mean, LUCY could probably fit this. The blurb about it specifically said "knee length", but it doesn't even get halfway down my thigh! And the waist--the skinniest girls I know might be able to put it on. Katy says that the Cambodian factory workers must be staging a coup or something. So--that makes me sad. Brain tumor AND my new skirt doesn't fit?? This is not cool.
LUCKILY--tomorrow we get to fly to Cailfornai! The hills will be GREEN, and it will be warmer than Utah, and we get to see Lucy walk, and we get to register! I'm very excited.

9 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

I'm really glad you're getting an MRI. Not to scare you or anything, but one of my old bishops was getting migraines and he DID have a tumor. So it's nice to just make sure because otherwise I'd just worry and worry and worry about you.

Diana said...

OK, 3 things. First, that totally sucks about your migranes, I hope you don't have cancer. . . I mean your getting married in a couple months, it just wouldn't work. Second, that cake looks awesome, the frosting looks divine. Third, totally jealous you get to see the green hills. . . i miss them!

Karen said...

I hope the cool sweater was from me! Glad that family traditions go on--I remmeber a lot of quick Tomatina visits after Katy had Dr. W messing with her knees. Let's just say brain tumor instead of cancer, ok? I feel less worried about that.

Christy said...

You're coming home-woo hoo!

Kyle said...

Thank you for all of the wonderful birthday presents! There's just one other thing I really want....A signed picture of your brain. That would be awesome. Let's go to California tomorrow!

Lisa said...

So the fluffy frosting looks DIVINE! You are going to be such a good wife...it's so fun to do nice things for the Love Of Your Life! I'm sorry to hear about the migraines. My mom gets them really bad too. Please put up a post after you get the results from the MRI. I'm extremely caustrophobic (can't spell) too and I've had an MRI before (actually several) and they really aren't as bad as you might think. the valium helps A LOT! Just think about your pretty wedding dress and the fact that you get to spend eternity with your true love! Love you Becca!

Janae Wallace said...

Your cakes were SO good! Except Steve didn't eat any so I was mad. I'll teach him a lesson for that!

Oh, and I have been having AWFUL migraines for months and months now. I don't know if this should worry me or not considering what your doctor said! You have to promise not to have a brain tumor! I would die! Possibly from my own brain tumor! Ok, maybe not because I know you're ok. But still. I worry :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that your first impression of Carraba's was anything less than stellar. You must have ordered the wrong thing! You have to promise me you will go back and try one more time. Go for the pasta weezie (an amazing shrimp dish), steak or chicken marsala with fetticini or the pasta carabba's. The ceasar salad and italian lentil soup (it's spicy) are our favorites. They are all amazingly divine.

Also as far as the migraine thing goes ...in some people additional stress can bring on an increase in migraines and we all know that BYU is a bona fide stress machine. Plus, with all of the wedding plans thrown in for good measure you are probably sky high on the stress-o-meter! So not to worry or "stress" even more! I'm sure that you will be fine. Why don't you ask that cute fiance' of yours for a blessing?

Jules AF said...

Wow. I definitely just read this, but I stalked you on facebook and found out you don't have a tumor. Phew. My brother had one when I was eight and had to get radiation and lost half his intelligence and blah blah blah. Now every time I have a headache that lasts about two weeks, which happens to be about once a month or every other month, depending on the season, I go to the doctor and ask, I don't have a brain tumor right? And then they ask me all these questions about my symptoms and tell me no. Then I say to them, my brother didn't have any symptoms until he lost control of one side of his body, so what do you have to say about that? haha it would really crack me up if I weren't secretly scared that I was going to die.