Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Haps

The latest developments in my life:

Celia got a puppy. Toby. I am obsessed with him. Council Bluffs had a little photo shoot with him tonight, so he'll hopefully put up better pictures sometime. Until then, here's a lil something to get me through the day:

Toby is the best dog. He's 6 weeks old and potty trained. He's a mini-weenie dog and weighs 3 pounds, and when he's fully grown he'll only weigh 6. He is so soft, walks adorably, and has big blue eyes. Celia dotes on him (doggie car seat, doggie sweater, etc.) and I'm madly in love with him. My life has been greatly improved because of her decision!

Tonight we went to Lisa's baby shower! It was really great, except we forgot to bring the present we got her. Stupid. It was so fun to see some of my awesome relatives. I spent most of the time with Aunt Amy (I had no idea she was nearly 92!), Cousin Christy, and Aunt Shirley. Such a blast! Amy's son/Christy's brother is Kyle's Spanish professor, so I put in a good word for him. It was pretty funny. Lisa's baby girl is going to so well dressed! And we had some DIVINE food. That szechuan pasta salad was seriously amazing and intriguing. And what did we have to drink? LINGONBERRY PUNCH of course! We Valentine women sure have lingonberry in our blood.

Today we decided on bridesmaid dresses! Katy looks adorable. Nieman's dress isn't here yet (Mom bought them in California and is shipping them here) but I know it'll be perfect. They are exactly what I want so now I don't have to stress anymore!

Taking engagement pictures on Saturday was SO fun. Jennifer, our photographer, is just brilliant. I have high hopes that we'll have some great shots--although I am still a little nervous, because what if every single picture out of the thousand that she took are ugly?? I'll be relieved when we get to see the proofs and see how they turned out. I can't wait to choose pictures!

Cleaning checks are done. Hurray. School sucks this week, but on Thursday Kyle and I are flying to Amarillo so we'll get a little break.

7 comments:

Jules AF said...

Thank you for the picture of the dog. It was the highlight of my day. awww puppies puppies puppies!

Lisa said...

It was so fun to see you and katy last night! thanks again for coming! can't wait to see you guys again for your bridal shower!

Karen said...

So glad the dress is the right thing! I hope Neiman's gets there today--otherwise we have a problem because I mailed them in the same moment and both to your house. Call me if it doesn't come! 402 teriyaki meatballs finished and frozen! Empanaditas today.

Council Bluffs said...

I can't stop looking at pictures of Toby.

Anonymous said...

Why Amarillo? Your family must be Swedish with all the talk of Lingonberries!

Skyler and Rebekah said...

Guess what...in College Park you won't have any cleaning checks! It's so tight!

Julie said...

I LOVE dogs. Especially little ones. And ESPECIALLY puppies. So basically that picture just made my day.