Monday, August 4, 2008

Ketchup.

Guys. I am so happy right now.


I'm sitting on my bed, in a bathrobe, with a towel wrapped around my wet hair. I'm listening to old school Ben Lee songs that I was addicted to in high school. I've worked all day and feel like I've earned my money. I'm about to finish my drink--which means I'm at the bottom of the cup, where the lingonberry juice usually settles so the Sprite is super syrupy with Swedish goodness. I just submitted my first assignment for my independent study course, which has been weighing heavily on my mind. I don't have to do anything else today because I already feel like I've been productive--because I also scrubbed our bathtub so I could actually take a bath. Reading in the bath is my favorite pasttime--that's why I feel so relaxed right now. Ah, now Bread is playing and I feel even better. Tonight is FHE with Kyle, and we're going to Costco!



My plans for today are:


  • blog.
  • read.
  • pick up Kyle.
  • shop @ Costco.
  • eat delicious Costco hot dogs or pizza*.
  • watch LOST the rest of the night.
  • go to sleep feeling satisfied and content.

*I know, why would I ever ever EVER not get a Costco hot dog, the best hot dogs on the planet? Kyle was shocked too, when I mentioned this morning that I'm craving Costco pizza. We just had J-Dawgs two days ago, and I realize that they're not the same thing, but I still feel like my delicious-hot-dog quota has been filled for the week. Besides, Costco pizza is really good too!




OH I forgot that I should actually blog about stuff. Well--St. Johns was awesome. It was thundery the whole trip, which was awesome. I shot some guns. I played with Lucy. I watched a parade. I hung out with family. I ate at the Safire. I took a million pictures. It was so fun to be with my family! We are so cool when we all get together. It was SO sad to say goodbye to them. Luckily I'll see Mom/Dad/Katy at the end of August, and I'll see Christy/Danny/Lucy at the end of September, so it didn't feel like goodbye forever. Plus, I knew that when I got off the plane Kyle would be waiting for me. Which he was. He's so cute--he brought me a heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwich in case I was hungry when I got off the plane. He got a lot done while I was gone! He got a desk from DI--we have zero room for one, or so I thought--he found the tiniest cutest desk ever, and it fits perfectly next to his side of the bed. I know he feels a LOT better now that he has a desk. He also got--get this--a touch lamp! He painted it white and made an orange lampshade for it, and it looks AWESOME. I'd really wanted one just like it from Urban Outfitters, so he went and got it at DI and made it look the exact same! Kyle is so clever.



The day after I got back a monumental occasion occurred. Here's the evidence:




It's too bad Council Bluffs left before we took the picture! This is Mike, the guys' freshman year roommate who is a very big deal. It was so fun to all get together so they could reminisce and tell us girls (Amanda, Emily, and me) crazy stories. They were so weird back then. And still are. A lot of really really funny things were said that night.

And--I finally saw the X-Files movie!!!!!! I've been dying to see it. Um, remember how that's my favorite show in the whole world and I've been obsessed with it since middle school? Remember how last Christmas I got the entire series on dvd--all 9 seasons--and the shock and joy made me BAWL??? Yeah. I love that show. And the movie was great because it was just like one long episode, which is exactly what people who miss the show wanted. It was good. It was traumatic for me--WILD ANIMALS ATTACKING ME WILL NEVER STOP BEING MY WORST FEAR. So those crazy dogs getting all up in my grill really freaked me out--to the point of tears and convulsions. But it's not like it was a scary movie, other than that. I really liked it. I think Chris Carter did a good job bringing Mulder and Scully back without being...awkward. It was just so great for me to see them again--my two heroes from my childhood. Scully is hot as ever, by the way.

That was on Saturday, which for some reason was the best day ever. We woke up late (8:30!) and ate waffles and watched Lost (we're addicted--just started season 2). Then we ate lunch at J-Dawgs, saw the matinee of X-Files, drove around while I called Katy to tell her about the movie (a ritual which must never die), and finally went to Barnes and Noble--where we stayed for the next 2 and 1/2 hours. We found so much to occupy ourselves with! I.Love.Bookstores. And then, we ended the night with more Lost! What a full, perfect circle.

Kyle got a calling! He's the Sunday School Secretary--trust Kyle to get the calling with the best alliteration. We're glad because it shouldn't be that big of a deal--although Kyle wore his power tie on Sunday so that everyone knew that he was gunning for President.

Last night we were bored and were watching fancy cakes being made on the Food Network Ultimate Challenge, so we made our own little cakes. Sister Nieman gave us cute heart stuff for the wedding, including the heart shaped pan and sprinkles, so we put them to good use! We ate like half of one and wanted to die, so we brought the other one to Celia because we love her.

Ok that's enough.

5 comments:

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

(I deleted the previous comment, I realized after I posted it, that it didn't make sense, so I tried again.)

When I was at Jack's house his parents were telling me about his little sister. When she was two she was in the back yard at their dog bit her. Jack's mom was watching this and before she could run out there to save her child, the sister grabbed the dog by the head and bit it back. The dog was so confused that it walked away. I just thought that might help your fear.

Emma said...

you're funny becca. i miss you! (this is your cousin emma by the way. the older one.)

~Lara from the Sahara said...

omigawsh the heart shaped cakes r SO cute!!! u guys hav SO much fun for a married couple!!! when i get married i wanna hav that much fun with my husband!! omigawsh ur reading breaking dawn!? i didnt knowu read the twilight series? how u likin it SO far? im readin it rite now and desperately need to talk bout it with sum1 cuz it makin me kinda mad still not done with it though...ok PEACE!!! (is so out) :P

Karen said...

So glad you are back to blogging. IT's pathetic how many times I've checked and there was nothing new. Dad is talking to you right now. Off to Zions?? I wish you had been with us on the way home from St. Johns!! Hey, Liz Kim is our new principal. Crazy huh? Love you!