Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My thoughts at 4:30 pm

My upstairs neighbors make an incredible amount of noise.  Honestly.  I have no idea how they accomplish it.  I'll be glad when we move in with CB/Emily and we can at least holler up the stairs at them.

I am dying for a new pair of sandals--I have 7 year old flip flops that are finally too thin to wear (every pebble hurts) and my Tevas, which I love, but aren't appropriate for EVERY occasion (ok, most occasions, but I don't have the courage to wear them to church).  Urban Outfitters has a couple pairs that I am in love with, but $30 for sandals seems like a lot.  Is it?  I guess I'm just used to $15 shoes.

I shouldn't have eaten that cookie dough.


9 comments:

Nikki said...

I have lousy upstairs neighbors too. I swear they drop bowling balls on the floor at 2 in the morning.

TheMoncurs said...

I can vouch for what Nikki said. Her upstairs neighbors have been a parade of miserable. There were the ones who played ghetto Mexico polka at earsplitting levels all day long and these ones who sound like they are dropping large things and possibly rollerblading around all the time.

Also, $30 is definitely too much for sandals. For flip flops I refuse to spend more than $10. If they're nicer SANDALS, like, can wear them with skirt to the temple, then $20 is reasonable. But I am also deathly cheap. Listen to your shoulder piggy bank. He will tell you what you should do.

Nancy said...

I don't get it. Flip-flops to church? I'm so telling Grandma Kay. Ha ha. Just kidding. Where are you moving? Into the same house or the same complex?

Jules AF said...

REEF sandals are awesome, but I think they might be more than you're willing to pay. I think good flip flops are suuupeerrr important, so I'm willing to pay up.

Katy said...

Becca, never regret cookie dough.

Becca said...

I just discovered sandals that I really REALLY love for $40. No way.

Karen said...

You need your mom to come and take you to the outlet and find good flips for like $7!! Or decent sandals for $15. And it's Elder Oaks who says you can't were flips to Sacrament meeting. :)

Becca said...

I never wear flip-flops to church! Gosh people! That's why I need new nice sandals, so I'm not wearing high heels every week!

Nancy said...

So sorry Becca! Didn't mean to get you into trouble. The point is, you look marvelous whatever you wear!!