Thursday, May 6, 2010

AHA!

I KNEW that these Frosted Flakes didn't taste as good as they usually do.  I thought I was just losing my mind.  I'm almost to the bottom of the box and I just now actually looked at it.  I hate when I'm forced to eat healthier against my will. Give me back my Original Kellogg's Frosted Flakes!!


I've been eating a LOT of cold cereal lately.  Here's one reason why:

We just cleaned out our fridge, getting rid of all our expired perishables, and this is what we were left with. Mostly condiments, with nothing to put them on. I had no clue we had no food! I think the state of our fridge is HILARIOUS, all those empty shelves.  We haven't been to the grocery store for months.  I've been so sick, and then my family was in town and we ate out a lot, and then I was gone in CA and Kyle just ate tuna and canned soup (gross), then my family was here AGAIN and we didn't make any food, and now...we usually just go out for dinner (mostly Taco Bell).  Thank heavens Katy gave us a lot of leftover pantry food when she moved to CA--we are well stocked with pasta, Top Ramen, and tomato soup.

It's not like I have much of an appetite anyways.  Hence the cold cereal.  I keep waiting to be ravenously hungry all the time--that sounds like a fun part of pregnancy. Kyle will enjoy that too, I'm sure. 

I wonder how long we can last without going to the grocery store.  We are definitely holding out for as long as we can.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Believe it or not, we're actually ABOVE the poverty line.

Becca said...

Kyle, did you buy the reduced sugar Frosted Flakes for me on purpose? Are you trying to tell me something?

Whitney said...

oh man, i know what you're talking about Becca-the worst is the alpha-bets with reduced sugar (basically like eating cardboard).