Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October

So, October is my FAVORITE!!!  I am so happy it's finally here--September felt sooo long!  Now it's finally a little rainy out (although still way too hot to feel autumbal) and I can light my Mulled Cider candle.  I tried really hard to wait until October 1st to decorate for Halloween, but I caved.  September 29th we decorated for Halloween--and I LOVE it!  In two weeks it will be my birthday, in three weeks I'm visiting California, and in 3 weeks it's Halloween, my favorite holiday!

I wanted to make a wreath, and I wanted it to be way easy and pretty cheap.  I already had a plain grapevine wreath, so one trip to the dollar store and some hot glue later, this is what we have:




Cockroaches, spiders, and snakes. Understated and creepy. And sooo easy!

4 comments:

Karen said...

CUTE

Celia said...

You are so creative! That wreath looks really good on your door.

Celia said...

Also, I wish it was acceptable to burn a mulled cider candle all year long. Thank you so much for introducing me to the best smell ever.

Jennifer Ricks said...

This post made me think of you: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/10/how-to-make-a-tulle-wreath-halloween-edition/

P.S. While I've been writing this, I showed Timothy Ruby's picture at the top of your blog and he said her name for the first time! Good thing we've got this documented now! :)