Wednesday, November 9, 2011

YW in Excellence

After spending the day setting up the Primary room for the YW activity, Kelsie convinced me that I should go to the activity.  I'm not in any way affiliated with the Young Women, but I'm really glad I went!  It was such a sweet meeting.  The parents got up with their girls and spoke about how their daughters depend on the Savior (that was the theme...D.O.T.S) and gave them a little gift as a reminder.  I basically cried the whole time.  Everyone said such sweet things and it was so tender to see the relationship between these girls and their parents.  You could tell everyone was so proud of their girls.  I think most people in the room cried, so I didn't feel silly.  Wasn't that a great idea though?  The spirit in the room was amazing.

Afterwards everyone looked at the projects that the girls had displayed in the room that Kelsie and I decorated.  It looked so cool!  The girls loved it.  One Laurel told me that she walked in and knew that that was how she wanted her wedding to look :)  I don't know about that, but it was certainly festive!  And fun to do.  Kelsie and I spent the day together setting everything up, it was a good bonding experience!


It looked cuter with food on the table and projects on those little tables



Letters for every value--some people didn't get it though!







Kelsie! See, she's real.

The leaders of the YW are really cool.  They were nice to me even though I was an interloper :)



The girls are super sweet!


11 comments:

Celia said...

I am SERIOUSLY impressed with your crafting skills! I am so glad you stayed for the meeting. It sounds like it was wonderful :)

Kayla Moncur said...

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing! I'm super impressed. What a great idea!

Kyle said...

Really good job! Don't you think I deserve all the credit though? I DID help move a table after all.

Katy said...

I don't buy it--clearly that is a paid actress you hired to continue this "Kelsie" delusion.

Karen said...

So CUTE! I want to send your blog to our YW in case they want to steal the cool idea! I'm really glad that you got to feel the finished product. That makes all the work worthwhile!

Jennifer Ricks said...

Gosh, Young Women sure look young these days. I guess we're getting old!

And I think I'm with Katy :).

BecomingtheBeestons said...

Okay... seriously I'm so glad you blogged about this! I love the pictures, except why is there a picture of me.. and not also the cute one I took of you? :) That was so fun, I'm for sure so glad it's over, but lots of fun! I couldn't have done it without you Becca!

BecomingtheBeestons said...

Ha, and Katy... I am real, however I like your comment about me looking like a "paid actress"! Really, I didn't feel very cute working all day from 7 to 7, but if you think that girl looks like a paid actress--I'll take it! :) I want to meet you all! Becca says I'll like you more than I like her... which would say a lot!

Liz Odle said...

Thank you for posting this. I hope you don't mind but our YW here in North Platte, (middle of nowhere) Nebraska want to borrow your idea. Thanks in advance for making our work easy now that you've done the hard work.

Unknown said...

Hi- Are you willing to share your cute handout you had on the pretzels? I can't find one as cute as yours!

Enjoying the Chaos said...

Any chance of getting the handout today?