Monday, February 19, 2007

I actually like Idaho

What a weekend it's been. Some very potentially awkward things turned out to be fantastic. I had such a good time in Idaho! I feel like I made friends with the coolest people ever. And I found out that I'm not terrible at some things! What a self-esteem boost. I got a trophy! An official A.L.B.A. trophy--it is neat. I used a power tool for the first time too...and cut myself. Naturally. And I participated in some ritualistic sacrifices in the middle of Boise, and played with little kids (which I really miss), and talked to a grandpa (which I also miss--I love old men), and brushed up on my Cantonese. And I saw the Shins, which is a lie, but one that I'm going to stick to. I was in the car for 12 hours (in two doses) and never got bored, which is ridiculous. And I played with a tiger, and learned how to play catch at all times, and ate some new things, and pretty much just expanded my horizons. I am well pleased.
Now I am back in Provo, and trying not to be sad about it. Good things can happen here, too.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

i feel the same way about my trip to Cali-o well, if you're good at keeping secrets than i have a fun one for you ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! I want to know your secret too.