Sunday, November 18, 2007

3 more days til we go home!

It's been a great weekend so far--unfortunately, tomorrow is ruined (not by church). I have to memorize100 pages of Physical Science, so as to not fail my test and therefore fail the class. BUT that doesn't mean I can't revel in the fun of the last couple days!

After class on Friday, Kyle and I went to Forever 21 to get Celia a sweet birthday present. And we DID. I'm jealous and wanted to keep some things for myself! So to make up for it, I bought myself a coat! I needed a dark one that I can actually wear with clothes (my other new coat is incredibly cool, but not as functional/practical). Kyle found a great one for me! And it wasn't super pricey, so I decided to not eat the rest of the month and just buy it. Then we went to see THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM! It FINALLY came to the dollar theater, and Kyle's been dying to see it. And it was just as good the second time. I swear, he and Jack Bauer are the action heroes of my generation. And he looks like Danny, which is neat. How does Danny feel about him being People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive for 2007, I wonder? And THEN we watched.....MAN VS. WILD!!!!!!!!!!!! The new season started last week, but we missed it. Luckily it ran again last night, so we got to watch 2 hours of the sickest show ever. Sick as in DISGUSTING. This new season is a whole lot nastier. Even Bear Grylls threw up TWICE in one episode, which is a good indication of how we were feeling. I do love that show though.

Today was also a great day. After Celia opened her birthday presents this morning we watched The Shadow (Christy, remember that movie? Alec Baldwin? It's so much better now that we love him from 30 Rock!) and I fell asleep because I didn't get much sleep the night before (I was up til 4 watching a movie on my computer. By "movie" I mean tv show. By "tv show" I mean Grey's Anatomy. DON'T JUDGE ME). By the time I woke up, it was time to go to the store and buy things for the delicious meal that Kyle and I were going to make! So...we made it. And it was GOOOOOD. We made chicken cacciatore and polenta, and it was a wild success of course.

We then had to race to get ready for our date tonight. Kyle's whole apartment got dates and tickets to Belshazzar's Feast at the Tabernacle in SLC. It was pretty awesome. We went to a very fancy dinner...at Wendy's. (Kyle and I just got frosty's...we were still stuffed from our awesome meal.) Kyle and I drove with Amanda and Jared and rocked out to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack the whole way there. The concert was neat. We got front row ish seats on the floor, so I felt very close to the orchestra and conductor and everything. The concert was a joint effort between BYU and the U--a good idea? I don't know if it was supposed to foster a feeling of camaraderie and friendship or what, but that didn't work on me. I kind of felt competitive still. Oh well. The music was gorgeous--I was very moved by the mournful Israelite parts. The lights weren't on at Temple Square, unfortunately, so we only took a couple pictures as a group. On the way home, though, Amanda got a good one of Kyle and I wrestling/walking. Um...I don't remember why were were fighting.

1 comment:

Council Bluffs said...

See, that's why I think the "sheriff" in werewolves should now be Jason Bourne. He is amazing and can't be caught. Jack has been caught...and Jason's shows have never been cancelled.