Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm reminiscing

Good news: my wedding day is exactly 4 months from today!


I like thinking about the timeline this has all been part of. The real beginning of all this was on May 14, 2007 (if you discount all the months before, when I'd been wanting him madly). Or maybe even May 13. On the 13th, I wrote him a facebook message, telling him to call me sometime--very nonchalant, but it was a very bold move for someone like me. I just knew that I had to do something, because for the first time we were both single simultaneously! And I KNEW that he was exactly what I wanted/needed to have in my life. Unfortunately, I was in California. But, he was gutsy enough to call me the very next day, because he'd just been waiting for a good opportunity anyways--he'd been in Chicago, and didn't see that my facebook relationship status finally said Single! All that biding of his time really paid off :)


Anyways, that's when we started talking, which was a pretty big deal. We started dating the day I got back to Utah. So it's cool that we're getting married almost exactly a year after the first move was made.


This is the original message--oh, and I'm extremely dorky in it, because I had NO idea what to say and I was trying to be...cool? I thought he was soooo funny, and the coolest person ever, and I'm not funny or cool at all, so what was I supposed to say to impress him? I was so intimidated by him, and nervous about "throwing myself" in this haphazard fashion. I can't believe I got up the guts to send it:


Ok Kyle, here's the thing. I think we should be friends, like real friends, because that would be neat, and I think you're above averagely cool. I even think that you should call me sometime, like if you're extremely bored and have absolutely nothing to do. For instance, if it comes down to a choice between calling someone or re-cataloguing your insect collection for the thirteenth time, maybe you should give me a call, and we can talk as friends do.

Pathetic, I know, but it worked. Our kids are going to make so much fun of me.


These are the only pictures we have of us together before we were dating. I love them for that reason.


This is us at Holi festival 2007, like in April--but maybe March. We were friends. I definitely cut people out of this picture.

And I LOVE this picture from Dec. 2006--it's the only time we've ever danced together (because that was back when I had to make him think I wasn't lame), and I remember that night so vividly! I didn't know him but I had a HUGE crush on him because he's so cool and attractive. I hadn't even moved in to Park Place yet--and I was only at their ward prayer "visiting my friends and sister" because I hoped to talk to him. THAT sure paid off. We were twisting underneat the Twizzlertoe, if you were wondering.

4 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Ahhh, l'amour.

I can't even TELL you how excited I am for you. Like, I'll be sitting there and suddenly be like, "Becca is getting married, yaaaay!!"

I'm trying to think of reasons to tell Aaron that I absolutely have to go to Oakland in May.

Janae Wallace said...

Yay! I've officially caught up on your blogs! Don't worry, it didn't actually take the amount of time difference in comments :) Anyway, I am so happy for you Becca, it'll only get better from now on!

Janae Wallace said...

Also, we should do something before you get WAY too busy :) Or I can help you to not be too busy. Either way, I miss seeing you!

Karen said...

So fun to read how it all started. But..isn't it time to get a new entry. Think of my sad life, deprived of all you guys, checking your blogs and not getting anything new.....I can hardly wait to get there and make plans and buy things!