Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I haven't blogged in years

Or like two weeks I guess--but that's a lot in the blogging world. Time is DRAGGING SLOWLY BY. Seriously, I can't believe it's still January. This has been the longest month of my life. So...what's even been going on? We've been watching some good 24 with Council Bluffs (season 4 is the best)--we watched two episodes tonight, and I'm pretty excited about it--Marwan's going to show up soon.
Last night we went to Biz's going-away party. It was nice to see some of my old freshman year friends that I haven't seen in ages. I'm happy about Caitlin meeting the potential man of her dreams there (just kidding...sort of). It was difficult to say goodbye to Biz. Goodbyes have always been so hard for me--I'd much rather run away and avoid it then have to cry and hug and say the words. I just can't help but bawl, so I can't say the things I want to say, and I just feel stupid. It's funny though, because Biz and I haven't been very close for like a year. But I realized why it was so hard. In that moment of saying goodbye, all the closeness and love you've ever felt for that person condenses into that moment, and you realize what you've lost and are losing. At least that's how it was last night. Biz was like a sister to me for a very long time, and I will miss her. Kyle's already invited her to dinner in eighteen months.

And now for something less depressing. Kyle has a new job, and is going to make heck of money. Maybe we'll be able to live somewhere less trashy then a basement apartment! We've been looking at some awesome places actually. There are too many options though. Should we find something completely trashy but really really cheap? Or pretty pricey, but big and clean? How important is it to have your own washer/dryer and a dishwasher? Should we get something nice and inexpensive in Orem, and make me take the bus to school every day? How can we ever decide? It's so fun to look though. We're constantly making plans for the wedding, and it's a blast. I've been looking forward to this my whole life! The planning is way more fun than the actual reception is going to be. We've been making cake decisions, color decisions, honeymoon decisions, flower decisions, guestlist decisions, venue decisions...it doesn't seem like we'll ever be done. But I guess there is an end in sight--even though it seems like May will NEVER come. If February and March are as long as January's been, I'm going to kill myself.

The best thing: Kyle and I have been watching a LOT of 30 Rock! That makes life so much more enjoyable. And hopefully, tomorrow night we can celebrate Mitt Romney's victory in Florida at Del Taco Tuesday!

Five Buck Pizza was a big part of my weekend. So was Katy's chocolate sauce.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I am SO glad to read a blog from you again! I check every day at least once (or 3 times)! I would go for cheap, but clean. You don't need big now, and you only NEED the washer stuff when you have a baby. Of course it is lovely if you get a place with it. But $ would count big w/me now because all you save now is $ ahead later!

Katy said...

You son of a vondruke, are you the reason my chocolate sauce was depleted so quickly?! If those cockroaches in the living room are still alive, I'm going to put one in your bed tonight!

amanda said...

In my opinion spring for the washer and dryer. and I agree january is too long, let's start february tomorrow, only lets start it on the 8th. that should speed things up a bit.

Carrie said...

Hey Becca, someone gave us good advice about housing, they said no matter how poor you are, it isn't worth it to have a trashy apartment (but that doesn't mean you have to go all out). This place is going to be your home, a place where you will build memories together. You don't want to live in a place where you hate coming home. That is what someone said to us and after being married, I completely agree! Have fun! You are only engaged once!

Kyle said...

You had better only be engaged once. :)

Caitlin Carroll said...

Potential man of my dreams. Ha.

Lauren said...

More than potential man-of-dreams.

Also, it's cool to live somewhere tiny, trashy, with no dishwasher or washer and dryer. Until you have a kid. Then suddenly, your materialistic and maternal instincts will kick in and you'll want a brand spanking new humongous house with a yard and a state-of-the-art dishwasher and two washers and dryers.