Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Can't Like Florida Anymore

It's snowing SO MUCH. I don't like it. I feel like winter has gone on for too long. I need to live somewhere with two seasons...maybe two and a half. Preferably two and a half warm seasons. But as much as I don't like being cold, once I think about snow as anyone who ever dumped me, floating down in tiny pieces, then I think it's beautiful. That reminds me of Tracy Jordan's holiday song: "Imagine Christmas wishes shooting out of your eyes..."


Sometimes I wish I had a secret blog so I could say things about people without fear of retribution...but I know that doesn't work and secret blogs always get discovered. And actually, I don't know what I would say, about anybody. Nothing really interesting is happening--Kyle and I are very non-controversial, almost to the point of being boring. If anything, it would be a blog where I could be all lovey-dovey about Kyle but not have people judge me for it. Whenever I write something mushy, I stop and think "Would Alan want to vomit if he read this?" and then I usually delete it. That's a pretty good rule of thumb.

Occasionally I find myself coming up with mean things to say to people I don't like. Like, I come up with the perfect situation to say that particular mean thing to that particular mean person. Is that wrong? But I would never actually say anything mean to someone. Luckily, I really don't have it in me to be mean--and I doubt I ever will. Unless getting married makes me wenchy, but I'm pretty sure the opposite's going to happen and I'm going to turn all motherly and sweet. That's good right?

Two really disappointing things:
*Mitt Romney getting 2nd in Florida
*The 2nd and 3rd movies in the Matrix trilogy

But I'm trying to get over it.

Tonight I had a great time getting closer to finalizing some wedding flower choices! I'm really excited. Things are really just going to work out perfectly. Plus it's getting easier to envision our perfect wedding cake. It's going to be awesome.

3 comments:

Alan said...

Thanks! Now I know I can always read Oh Gosh.

Kyle said...

You can write down all the mean things you want to say to me, but don't, and give them to me on our one year anniversary. That would be sweet.

Celia said...

haha...the two disappointing things in your life made me laugh. Gosh, those two Matrixes DO suck.