Monday, February 25, 2008

AZUCAR

Saturday night was waaaay fun. We were kids again, as you know if you've read Kyle's blog. I didn't regret it as much as he did though! Kyle and I made some delicious frosting--the kind that Mom makes for my birthday cake every single year because it's my favorite. I decided to make it for Kyle's birthday cake this year, but I'd never done it before and I didn't want to blow it on his actual cake. So we did a trial run and it was great. We didn't know what to do with it once it was made though, with no cake to put it on. After we'd eaten enough to make us feel sick, we frosted one gross donut for Alan, and then played with the rest.


Then we had a great time playing with Alan and Amanda and Phil, although it was a little awkward because Phil and Amanda didn't get along as great as they could have. We ditched him and went to Burger King and got kids meals. Amanda and I got little Cabbage Patch dolls. Mine was named Sarah Katherine--and I don't remember Amanda's doll's name. Kyle and Alan got very masculine Monster Trucks. Gender roles are great. We ate and played in the parking lot of an elementary school, which was actually a little creepy.

Then we switched cars so we could switch activities. We drove to Smiths in Chester, and we each got 5 lbs. of candy. Anything is better in bulk--especially candy. It was fun to bring bags of candy to church the next day and share it with everyone. My cinnamon bear obsession has been going strong for at least 4 years now. Healthy, right? At least they're not dipped in chocolate. I tried one of those once because Jen liked them. I regretted it. They're disgusting.

We played video games later, and Alan is the best of course. We ate our candy and felt sick together. It was the best night.

No comments: