Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good day, shmood shmay

Ok, so yesterday when I was in the car with Katy and Katy P. and Kyle we were behind this car:




I wish you could see better. It's a handicapped plate, and it says "I'd rather be WALKING!!!". We kind of died laughing. That guy must've been really cool. Attaboy, handicapped guy. Way to have a sense of humor about it.

So, yesterday was pretty much the best day ever. I slept in (missed my fist class, whoops), and Spanish was cancelled, which meant I didn't have to do anything until 3! I had finished ALL my projects the night before, so I just got to relax until Kyle came over at noon. We were hungry, and since we had time, we decided to take a luxurious long lunch with Katy and Katy P. at Rice King. The food tasted better than normal, our conversation was outstanding, the sun was shining brighter (not really, it was probably raining), and I was just SO HAPPY. My fortune cookie would have meant more than usual, because it was such a momentous lunch (just by being so fun), but my cookie was empty! Probably means I'll die soon. Oh well!

After lunch we hung out at Katy P.'s awesome house (she lives in the upstairs apartment over The Flower Basket. I shopped there for the first time yesterday, and that's what I want my home with Kyle to look like!) and watched SNL and she cut Katy's hair (which looks GREAT). Then I had to go to class, and Kyle drove me! Class is so much better when you don't have to walk to campus. Kyle got a haircut, and looks handsome of course. After class Kyle and I went to Salt Lake! Again--that drive is becoming a weekly thing. But we had to go because Tabula Rasa called--our invitations came in less than a week, instead of the customary 11 days. That's perfect because we're going to California in a week and it was important that we had the invitations with us, so Christy and Mom can address them all! So, we went to Trolley Square and picked up our invitations. They are GORGEOUS. They are PERFECT. They are awesome and exactly what I wanted! They are...yeah, just wonderful. Be very excited to get one in April. I can't wait to send them out. I didn't know how strongly I felt about invitation style until we were in the process of designing ours. There are just so many ugly and/or boring invitations out there! I feel totally fine about bragging about ours. I hope they inspire people to kick it up a notch and be really classy and elegant!

Anyways, since we were already at Trolley Square, we went shopping at all the cool stores there, and had a good time. When we got home, we got to watch TRON with Katy--a long-awaited event. If you don't know, Tron is an early 80s scifi movie that was a HUGE deal because it was done with computers. When I watched it in Phoenix with Kyle and his parents, I knew that it was pretty much MADE for Katy. Sentient computers, a young Bruce Boxleitner, cheesy 80s science fiction? I couldn't wait to show her. And, as expected, she loved it. It's such a fun movie--so many good lines! We had a great time. Then we went over to Kyle's place and hung out with various people and lazed around. Then I stayed up really late reading a terrifying Cormac McCarthy book. It was a great night!

I'm also happy because on Thursday, when I was still miserable, I decided that I deserved a treat so I bought a skirt online. Forever 21 is the best. I can't wait to get it--I really need to build up my skirt collection, and once I'm married I'm not allowed to spend any money ever again!

So, today is going to be good. Katy is anxiously waiting for me to get off the computer so we can go run errands. We're going to buy some more presents for Kyle and go to Costco--those are fun jobs. Hey, if you're reading this and know us and live in Provo, you're invited to a little get-together on Wednesday night for Kyle's birthday. Like 9:30, in #8. There will be cake and birthday-song-singing. Good times wil be had! Come!
I think my good mood also has to do with these songs: New Soul by Yael Naim, and Cinnamon by The Long Winters.

1 comment:

TheMoncurs said...

"once I'm married I'm not allowed to spend any money ever again!"

That's pretty much the way of it. Stock up now! Unfortunately, Aaron merged our finances a few weeks before we got married so I didn't have much time to go on any last minute spending sprees before we got married. It was sad.

And, for the record, my invitations were classy and classic. Square with a pearl border and raised printing with a double envelope and a nice B&W picture (with a piece of tissue paper, of course). I hand addressed them ALL. Because Emily Post said I should and I believe in etiquette.