Sunday, March 16, 2008

Alarming!

So, I was reading up on Charles Manson. Just, because, you know, I'm sick. Not really! He was just talked about on Fox news because there's a possibility of more murders that are just being discovered. Anyways, I realized that I knew pretty much NOTHING about the whole Charles Manson deal, still don't really because I didn't want to read anything grisly because I was about to go to bed and I've been having weird nightmares lately like every night and my subconcious doesn't need any more fuel. SO anyways, he's still alive! In California! Not only just in California, but in Corcoran California, in Kings County, which I have driven through countless times in my life to get to Paso Robles! Not only that, but I was reading up on Corcoran, and guess who else is there? The guy who assassinated Bobby Kennedy! Katy is MAD. She's slightly obsessed with Bobby Kennedy, like in the same way that Council Bluffs is obsessed with Mitt Romney. Which is a big deal. That led us to look up who's in San Quentin, which is much closer to us, and that was crazy too! Scott Petersen, and the guy who murdered Bill Cosby's son (which was a big deal to me for some reason), and the guy who kidnapped Polly Klaas (which affected Katy and I a LOT when we were little), and...yeah. I guess this is a weird thing to blog about. It was just crazy to think that something so removed from my life, like oh um serial killers, could actually be related to me in some way. Like, in my state, near (ish) my home, breathing the same air as me. Crazy.

We've never liked Kings County. When we were little my sisters and I dreaded driving through it because it just constantly reeked. We called it "Stinky City". Now I know it's because it's Charles Manson air.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Wow...I barely remember writing this last night. Forgive my misspelling of "subconscious".

Lisa said...

You've been Tagged. Read my blog for more details!

Celia said...

I AM SO CAPTIVATED BY THIS! You know me. I just love those serial killers. But remember, we are working on this. And I was pretty sure we were better.

Celia said...

POLLY! AHHHH! Too many memories!