Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Because I was tagged:

1. What was I doing ten years ago?
--I was 12. What a horrible age! I must've been in 6th grade, gross. That means I was in a definite stage--I listened to Z95.7 all day long so that I could be cool. I was friends with some total skanks and punks. I was definitely trying to "get in". Depressing.

2. Five things on my to-do list today
-- I'm about to go to bed. But I completed things on my to-do list for today! I picked up my wedding dress from Salt Lake (it fits perfectly now, so pretty), I hosted FHE at our apartment, I did my 380 and 293 reading, I took a midterm, and I went to my classes. That one is always a struggle.

3. What snacks do I enjoy?
--I feel like I should say something healthy. But I can't think of a single thing. When I'm a little hungry but don't want to eat something real, I drink something or chew some gum. Gum takes away my hunger. Kyle never believes me.

4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?
-- BUY TONS OF PRESENTS FOR EVERYONE I LOVE. I dream of being rich so I could buy anything I want for people. I have great ideas, but no money to make them a reality!
Also: I couldn't just move away because I'd still want to graduate--for pride's sake. So I would have a sweet apartment in Provo, believe me. I bet Kyle would want to save a LOT of money. The rest we would spend on a nice house with nice furniture, with lots of Anthropologie doorknobs. Probably a lot of Anthropologie everything. And then we'd set up sweet trust funds for our future children. Definitely use a significant amount to go EVERYWHERE we've ever wanted. And then...maybe we would fix Treppy. Oh and Kyle would only work for fun. Are there some freelance pro bono molecular biology jobs out there?

5. Three bad habits
--BITING MY NAILS. I can't stop. I almost beat it...until I got stressed about 2 weeks ago. Now it's back.
--Not putting away my clothes when I decide to not wear them. Sometimes I go through several outfits in the morning--there are just days like that, you know? This bad habit will stop once I share a room with Kyle.
--Making poor choices early in the morning. Like not going to class because I'm not awake enough to remember that I should definitely go to class. Hopefully Kyle can help me with this one next semester.

6. Five Places where I lived--this is going to be boring
--Midland, Michigan
--Pleasant Hill, California
--Walnut Creek, California (the 9 months there totally counts)
--Concord, California
--Provo, Utah

7. Five jobs I have had--
--Ygnacio Valley Library
--The Buckle
--Aide in special ed classes
--BYU Paint Crew
--Aegis Senior Living Community

8. Five things people don't know about me
--I HATE driving. I make other people drive as often as possible.
--I get super stressed about throwing parties, like it consumes my life, and it probably drives people crazy. But I keep doing it, because I LOVE the success of a great party! I crave the role of hostess, but it turns me into a crazy person!
--I don't like opening presents in front of people. It seems awkward.
--I buy people things to show them I love them. That gets expensive but it's worth it to me.
--When something's clean, I want it to stay that way. Like when we clean the living room, I become a NAZI. For weeks afterwards I am really mean about it. If I see a cup on the coffee table, or someone's shoes out of the shoe bin, I rage. But when it's already filthy and disgusting, I just ignore it. (When I say "I'm mean" or "I rage", that means that I think mean things and just clean it up)



ALSO...I'm getting married in two months!

12 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

The clothes thing? Probably won't stop. I've been married over 2 years and still do that like crazy.

Christy said...

I was thinking the same thing as kayla. I remember thinking that once I got married would suddenly change a bunch of my habits...I don't even try any more. Why didn't you list Tomasitos along with your other jobs? You're not ashamed are you...?

Becca said...

But Kyle's a bit of a neatfreak! I HAVE to change, don't I?

Also, Christy, I could only list FIVE jobs. Otherwise Tomassitos and BYU Guest Services would fo sho be on there. I have no shame.

Lisa said...

I loved this post! It was so fun to read! Oh...and as a side note. Did you and Katy get the baby shower invite I mailed to you? Just wanted to make sure. And also was wondering if you guys would be able to come. My mom needs to get a count for food purposes. I would SO LOVE to see the two of you! it's been too long. Let me know... much love!

Rica said...

Oh dear....I forgot about Z95.7 and my days listening to that in middle school. Crazy stuff. Really entertaining to read this though =)

We'll see whether marriage really does change your cleaning habits

Katy said...

WAIT wait wait, so, for Kyle you'll magically change your habits, but for ME, you know, your very flesh and blood and roommate for like 10 years --INCLUDING the Z95.7 phase, which was, you know, horrific--NOTHING. Thanks Schmec. Good to know where I stand.

Kyle said...

You don't have to change for little old me. I love you just how you are. Just so you know...I have the same habit. We'll have a messy bedroom.

Jules AF said...

The last one is uhh.... common knowledge. I don't think you can list it under things people don't know about you. haha

Karen said...

Please make it clear that your mom tried REALLY hard to help you learn to clean up after yourself. (Yikes, maybe that's where the Nazi part comes from....)HEY, we wond Distinguished School and they made really nice comments about the application. I am so happy and SO tired.

Lisa said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! I'm so excited that you and Katy will be coming! I'm so excited to see you guys. It's just been way too long! And i can't wait to see your ring! Getting married is so much fun (lot's of work) but also really fun!

Council Bluffs said...

Gum alleviates hunger and thirst for me.

Janae Wallace said...

Your number 8 answer is TOTALLY like me. I LOATHE driving, but I feel pressured to do it all the time! I'm glad someone else feels the same way. I also agree with everything else you said on that number, but I forgot what they were so I can't expound...