Saturday, May 31, 2008

Segment Three: Our New Apartment

We took all these pictures on Memorial Day, where we pretty much started and finished the move-in process. It was really fun to figure out where everything should go in our new apartment. And it was pouring rain outside, so we didn't even feel like we were missing out on normal Memorial Day festivities.

My favorite part was, of course, unpacking my books and categorizing them.

I don't have a picture of the final product of our living room--this is us partway through the process.
We left all our engagement/bridal pictures in California, so for now our only picture on the wall is this caricature of us from Disneyland.
This is half of our big closet that I LOVE. I don't know where all our stuff would go without it!
The hardest part was our bedroom. It took longer than anything else and was just so overwhelming! It's finally all put together now.

I so love our teeny little kitchen.

I think my favorite part of the house is this corner with the toaster and the vintage cookie jar that Katy P. gave us.
Or this drawer with our dishtowels. I LOVE WILLIAMS-SONOMA!!!!
We had to wear our new aprons when we cooked that night. Aunt Diana MADE mine, and I love it!


We invited Celia over for our first ever dinner in our new house--of our marriage! We made macaroni and cheese and cupcakes. It was so fun to use our new dishes, and the dinner even tasted good.

Living in a house with just Kyle is awesome. All the fridge space! And the FREEZER SPACE!!!!! It's amazing. It's just nice to have a little place all to ourselves.

7 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Aw, that caricature is so sweet!

It sounds like you guys had an easy time moving into your first place! We battled over everything when we moved in (different decorating tastes). It was gory and there were few survivors.

Isn't it weird sharing a bathroom with a boy? After 2 1/2 years when he walks in on me and I still want to be like, "CAN I HAVE SOME PRIVACY PLEASE??"

Julie! said...

You guys are just. So. Cute. I can't even handle it.

Lisa said...

Reading this post TOTALLY brought back so many memories of when Marty and I moved into our first apartment together! It truly is SO MUCH FUN! I would love to come see your little place sometime...and meet Kyle!

Christy said...

How fun! I love what you did to your bookcase-is that material or paper on the bottom? Very cute.

Caitlin Carroll said...

I love your adorable apartment!! I'm jealous of the fridge space. And now you don't have any weird vegan food in it :)

Jaclyn said...

Love this post-- especially that it began with organizing books (my favorite part of any sort of setting up house) and ended with chocolate cupcakes. Hope everything is wonderful-- you two are adorable!

Celia said...

I love Becca and Kyle. They are a modern day Barbie and Ken.