Tuesday, August 19, 2008

If you don't like mushiness, don't read this one


Because I'm a married woman, and I do what I want, aight? Ok, calling myself a woman was out of line. I apologize. That just weirds me out. But I can't say I'm a "married young lady."

So. One year ago today, Kyle and I started dating! Crazy, huh? It makes me feel all gushy and lovey inside. I know that it's not a big deal like our wedding anniversary will be, but still--it's something! We've been together for a year! And nonstop, too--we never did a break-up-and-get-back-together thing. Boring, but I love it. We're so consistent. I've been kissing Kyle for a year. I've been seeing him everyday (apart from a few tragic separations) for a year. I've been thinking about him nonstop for a year. Ok so I've been thinking about him nonstop for a lot longer than that, but whatever.

It's funny to think about the day we started dating. I flew from Phoenix to Salt Lake on Sunday afternoon and he picked me up. The airport pickup was AWKWARD. He was wearing his Spree tshirt and I felt REALLY ugly because I've been traveling and needed a haircut and just looked gross. He brought me a candy bar. It was awkward because we knew we liked each other, we knew we wanted to date--but it had all been over the phone! The week before we had seen each other and held hands once--but that was IT. And I'm just really awkward anyways. Instead of going back to Park Place immediately, we went to the awesomely huge cemetery in Salt Lake. He had gone online and looked up my relatives that were buried there, and some of the prophets, so we could easily find them. It still wasn't easy though--we were there for a really long time! The whole time, I didn't know if I should...hold his hand? Stand close next to him? So, we didn't touch each other--too awkward.

After we got back to Park Place, I reunited with roommates, moved my bags in, etc. I don't really remember that part of the day very well. I know that I spent most of it with Kyle. That NIGHT, I remember. We were on the couch outside my apartment--warm summer night after curfew=some of my best memories! We talked. He asked me some questions to make sure that I fulfilled the requirements to be his girlfriend--the only one I remember was: "Is your name Chelsea or Jessica?" "No..." "Ok then you're in!!!" So that was easy. I'd already passed all the other tests. My questions for him were "Will I have to twist your arm to get you to hang out with me?" and "Do you have emotions?" and he passed easily. What a relief. Then he asked if he could be my boyfriend, and I said yes. And we were dating. Then he walked me the whole 2 feet to my door and he KISSED me! I was stunned. You gotta understand, I had just dated a boy who dated me for a MONTH before kissing me. Drove me absolutely crazy. Not cool. The boy before him made me wait a while too. So I was completely shocked--and immensely pleased--that Kyle kissed me right then and there. I think the shock showed on my face, because he acted a bit worried--like I was displeased that he had kissed me so soon. He explained to me that his rule was that he wouldn't kiss anyone that wasn't his girlfriend. So once I was his girlfriend, BAM, why wait? I loved it. What a refreshing experience. [Why did I ever date any other boy? And it's a shame that he wasted time on any other girl. We should've gotten together ages ago. I first had the idea spring term 2006--I wish I'd been braver! That would have saved us both a lot of crap. We are so perfect for each other. ]

The next day we put our relationship on Facebook, and since then, every day has gotten better. I didn't think that could happen. I remember like two weeks after we got married, I realized that I loved him more right then than I had on our wedding day. How is that even possible??? Guys, marriage is awesome!

We have big plans tonight--but I don't know what they are. Kyle's in charge. I'm excited to see what happens.

10 comments:

Christy said...

I remember you calling me the next day and telling me all about it! How fun to think about now. What a beautiful picture.

~Lara from the Sahara said...

That is way too cool!!! I'm so happy ur so happy. u guys r truly the cutest couple I've ever seen! (:

KaWheelers said...

Haha, you are too funny! I love how Facebook has to make all relationships "official." Hope your night was a good one! :)

Karen said...

I think it should count towards something that you talked everynight no matter what! Remember in Zions? Smoke so thick that I couldn't see you outside on that balcony and you were huddled down talking so late....that was dedication! Hope your evening was fun!!

Katy said...

Ugh, I should have heeded the title. My bad.

TheMoncurs said...

That is such a sweet post! I love that you guys sat down and actually made yourselves official boyfriend and girlfriend. For me it was always like once the kiss happened then we could pretty much count it official.

Anonymous said...

You are seriously so blessed

Alan said...

Well, I know the answers to the 2 questions you asked Kyle. I didn't know you were into guys that didn't have emotions. We could have dated. :|

Caitlin Carroll said...

I just got so warm and gushy inside. I LOVE BEING IN LOVE. I didn't think it would ever happen so perfectly. Like, no bumps in the road, no hmm... does he like me? Does he not? Is he going to kiss me? Is he not? Ours happened pretty much the same way... just we like each other, that's that and that's the way we are going to keep it. MAN. I am so happy right now. And I fall in love with Tim more everyday too!!! I can't wait to see y'all again... I hope you've gotten your invitation ;) Marriage is going to rock. I have 25 more days!

Becca said...

Christy, Lara, Trina, Mom, and
Kayla: Thank you :)

Katy and Anonymous: Bite me >:{

Caitlin: I totally know! And I haven't gotten an invitation :(

Alan: Too little, too late :|