Friday, August 29, 2008

Woe is Me

Here's how today went:
  • Woke up too early for my taste.
  • Work was fine.
  • I was sad that Romney didn't get the nomination, BUT I'm okay with Palin. She was a smart choice. I like her enough to vote for McCain. It's so tempting to write in Romney, buuuut that doesn't help Obama NOT get elected.
  • I remembered that the carpet cleaners (who were supposed to come Tuesday, but didn't) were actually coming today--and that I didn't pick up all our stuff off the floor.
  • Raced home from work, only to find that they were already in my apartment, of course.
  • Remembered various unmentionables that were on the floor in our bedroom.
  • Died of shame and humiliation.
  • Refused to enter the house--too awkward.
  • Drove to Smiths instead, and bought some unnecessary stuff.
  • Drove by my apt, and the carpet cleaners were STILL there.
  • Drove to Kyle's office in Springville, hoping to see him on his lunch break.
  • On the freeway, a big nasty flatbed truck was ahead of me, a piece of metal flew off of it and made a BIG crack in our BRAND NEW WINDSHIELD.
  • It scared me. I was mad.
  • Then a big plastic container flew off the truck, making me swerve and nearly die to avoid hitting it.
  • I was REALLY mad.
  • Sat outside Kyle's work, but his phone wasn't on.
  • Waited.
  • Talked to Christy.
  • Looked up movie times.
  • Still waited.
  • Gave up.
  • Drove home.
  • Our carpet is wet, and our furniture is all in the kitchen.
  • And now I'm bored.

My mood has improved though. Mom/Dad/Katy are coming tomorrow morning, and that makes me feel better.

2 comments:

Emma said...

wow, that's...sad. i'm so sorry for you!

~Lara from the Sahara said...

Um ya talk about embarrassing!!! lol. we still love u though!! lak!!! (ask ur dad wut "lak" means) (: <3