I don't think I ever mentioned on this blog that I just walked for graduation in April, and it's not official until August. Did I? No. Well, I had an English Independent Study course to finish up, and for some reason it was a BEAST. I absolutely HATED it. The distance-learning style totally doesn't work for me, and the course was just totally awful. Anyways, it's been stressing me out way more than it should (Nancy correctly called it my albatross) and it was going frustratingly slow. I want to have a freaking summer to relax! SO, yesterday I decided enough was enough. I woke up at 7 and got dropped off at the library at 8 (which was no small feat, beacuse of my aforementioned sleeping problems...definitely did all this on 3 hours of sleep) and finished every single assignment. I wrote about a million pages that had previously seemed impossible. I can't submit them all yet (only 3 at a time) and therefore can't take the final and be absolutely finished with it, BUT all of the work is done and I am FREE. I can't believe I finished it all in one day--I thought that was impossible. I gave myself a prize for each assignment I finished, and that really motivated me. Here are my prizes:
1. Dinner at PF Chang's--that was a shoe-in because I only had to do one assignment for it. We're going tonight.
2. An Etsy necklace--especially fun because during breaks I could peruse Etsy and figure out which one I want. I'm still looking. No picture because I can't narrow down my options!
3. Cheapo shoes--I don't really know where to look. I'm usually an Urban Outfitters shoe-wearer, but none of their sale shoes are that appealing. Again, no picture. No ideas yet. Suggestions welcome.
4. It started getting hard to come up with things I want. I decided on this nifty-looking battery operated face cleanser/massager thingy that I saw at Smiths. Kyle found a coupon for it--I tried it last night and it feels soooo good. And my face felt super smooth and soft after only one use.
5. A manicure. Ok, this is a big one. I have bitten my nails my ENTIRE LIFE. Every year I try really hard to stop--especially before my wedding--but I just could never break the habit. UNTIL NOW. I don't know what was different this time around, but my nails are long, I haven't bitten them in weeks, and I don't even want to! It's pretty miraculous. Anyways, a manicure would be so fun because I've never had one where they didn't put on fake nails. A REAL manicure sounds awesome.
Anyways, those are my prizes. I really didn't think I'd make it all the way to #5. I'm pretty thrilled to be done with the stupid class AND get these fun prizes. Maybe now I'll feel really graduated? Not yet, but...soon maybe.
(I was so exhausted yesterday, going off 3 hours of sleep. But last night I STILL had a hard time, even though alllll day I had to try really hard to stay awake. I finally went to sleep around 1, but then woke up at 6:30 and couldn't ever go back to sleep. I've been waking up REALLY uncomfortably late for weeks so it's really strange. What is wrong with me? I'm just so tired!)