Monday, August 31, 2009

Today is the first day of school and I am not going! It's pretty crazy. Last week I went with Katy and Ashley to buy their books, and it made me homesick for school...but I'm over it. Now I'm just excited to not be a student.

Last Friday we put an offer on a place. Of the millions of houses we looked at, we fell in love with a condo--which was TOTALLY not what we originally wanted. I guess in our price range we coudl afford a crappy house or a gorgeous condo/townhome. The newness of this place just seduced us I guess. I love the idea that no one has ever lived there before--after years in crappy Provo apartments, that sounds AMAZING. It's perfectly big enough for us (3 bedrooms/2 bathrooms), has a laundry room, walk-in closet, dark knotty alder cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and a giant kitchen with granite countertops and a bar. I LOVE IT. And the location is perfect. 4 or 5 minutes from Kyle's work, and still on the side of Springville that is close to Provo. It's by a park, an elementary school, and Hobble Creek biking/running trails. I'm really excited about living there--we should hear back today. I'm trying hard to not get my hopes up. The thought that we could be moving in a month is intoxicating though! For now though, we are having a great time in Council Bluffs/Emily's basement. We're finally all set up down there and it looks cute.

3 comments:

Emily said...

haha... thanks for adding me in there. :)

amanda said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Caitlin Carroll said...

Good luck! Sounds delicious. Can't wait to visit.