Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Please don't snow.

Well, today was the last day of summer. It was a good day--not very summery though. I watched Little Dorrit and finished Lucy's Minnie Mouse quilt. Tomorrow it's supposed to be windy, rainy, possibly snowy, and will only get up to 54 degrees. The ten-day forecast is pretty similar. This transition is TOO FAST.

BUT--tomorrow is good for other reasons. Number one: Christy and Danny and Lucy are coming! I could not be more excited. I have kept myself extremely germ-free so that I can be around Danny and everyone. The OCD hand sanitizing is completely worth it--especially because I'm addicted to my Coconut Lime Verbena scented hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works. I can't wait to give Lucy presents! I went to Target the other day and loaded up on 75% off High School Musical stuff. Ridiculously cheap! I showed Lucy some of the stuff I bought her when we were video chatting yesterday. She is so excited! She loves Troy stuff. Thursday is Lindsay's big Utah CD release party/concert, so that will be really cool.

Tomorrow is also good because we are 90% sure that our condo will finally be ours in the late afternoon! We can't really start moving in much until the weekend (too bad it's coinciding with General Conference), but it will be so good to just have the keys in our hands and be able to go there whenever we want. We're debating between sleeping in our bed at CB's house, or camping in our condo.

I'm okay with fall starting. I really do love this time of year. Soon it will be October! My favorite month! I'll turn 24 (whoa), organize my new home, throw a baby shower, and celebrate Halloween. In November I'll visit home for a week, go to the So You Think You Can Dance show with Christy, and cook my first Thanksgiving dinner. In December I'll drive to Amarillo, eat at Rosa's, and meet my niece Naomi! I'll stop there because January through March is always pretty bleak.

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

YAY RAIN!!!

Karen said...

What! Both of you blogged! My happiness is pretty complete (katy???) I wish you had gotten the keys today--but you can take Lucy there tomorrow, right??