Thursday, September 9, 2010

At 38 weeks

I am grateful that:

  • My face doesn't look that puffy until I smile.(Just sort of puffy)
  • I've only had to ask Kyle to tie my shoes once.
  • I am still fairly mobile. Most of the time.
  • We decided on a name, unless something insane happens to change our minds.  Hint: her nicknames will include Rhubarb, Rue, Rubicon, Ruby Tuesday, Ruby-Dooby-Doo, Kanga-Ruby, Rubella, etc. Maybe Ruby River Steakhouse.  (Middle name: my middle name and Grandma Kay's name.  Oops I just gave it away.)
  • One last baby shower this weekend!
  • She could really come any day now. It may not seem like it, but we're in the final stretch.
  • Last night I got 6 hours of sleep!
  • My sister is pregnant with twins.  This is proof to me that prayer works.  I can't wait to be an aunt to two new little babies!  I'm glad we can be pregnant at the same time like we've always talked about, even if it is long-distance and only for like a month.  My family is growing a lot this year! We are all insanely happy for Christy and Danny and Lucy.  And for ourselves, because the offspring of Christy and Danny is pretty delightful so far.
  • As much as pregnancy can be really awful, I haven't had any complications or worries.  I can deal with pain and discomfort as long as I know everything is okay.

I'd put up a new pregnant-stomach picture, but it's pretty pointless because I don't feel like I look that different.   I'm just not as shockingly big as I always assumed I would be.

2 comments:

kate said...

i can't wait to see her! Your pregnancy is going way faster than mine did. Hah. And i love the name, although I was kinda hoping you would really name her Velocity. :)

Katy said...

Oh, so you finally settled on Rubindrinath, as I suggested? FABULOUS.