Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pantrucas

Pantrucas is a delightful little Chilean restaurant way down Canyon in Provo.  We went there for the second time recently, with Katy and Ashley. It was, let me tell you, sooooo good.  I was so worried that I wouldn't like anything there, but I needn't have worried.  

The cheese empanada--oh man.  I felt guilty for eating so much cheese and fried food, but the deliciousness made the guilt purely academic.  As long as it's just once in a while.

Kyle and Ashley both liked their oven baked empanadas.  That's the reason we went--on Saturdays, Pantrucas offers the oven-baked kind, not just fried.  Kyle loves them because that's what he ate all the time during his mission in Chile.  They have all sorts of crazy things in them, like grapes and hard-boiled egg, along with the normal beef and onions etc.  Apparently these were pretty dang authentic.


Katy got this sandwich.  She said it was incredible.  It's all avocado-y so I wouldn't go near the thing, but I'm lame and extremely picky.  The homemade bread did look really good to me though!


Everyone was wild about the fried cauliflower.  (Except me. Remember how I hate all vegetables?)


We got some fruit-filled empanadas for dessert.  And I got...this churro.  Because I had to.


Mmmmmm.

The best part about Pantrucas?  The owners, Ricardo and Margarita.  They are warm and delightful people, and they make me want to go back there all the time.  Annnnd I think we will, whenever Kyle has a hankering for some good Chilean food or I need to grease up my arteries.

3 comments:

Coach Vaughn said...

Mmmm...I want some more of that fried cauliflower!

Christy said...

Hey-did I notice one of Gma Joyce's plates there? Cool.

Karen said...

Sounds like a place I need to go when I am next in Provo.