Wednesday, September 19, 2012

original artwork

Once upon a time, I watched my awesome roommate Elise paint masterpieces in the basement of Hinckley Hall alllllll night.  Those paintings then hung in my apartment for my entire sophomore year.  They were a huge deal.  Since then, I've really missed these paintings and the good memories that they represent.  Thinking about them made me so nostalgic!  Elise is now a fabulous, accomplished artist, and considers those old paintings her really bad early attempts at art.  She doesn't even paint anymore--her medium is paper collagey type stuff.  So she gave me some of those old paintings which were just hanging out under her bed--and I couldn't be more thrilled.

This is Le Brun.  Biz had a special voice when talking to him.

Our very first Holi Fest, before it got ruined by the masses. Done with a cool palette knife technique.

Art about looking at art.

A Chilean we named Ramon.

Prettiness.

These will find a nice place  in my house.  No more bare walls!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Awesome! Man, I remember those pictures really well too. How nice of her to give them to you:)

Katy said...

I even remember those pics and I couldn't have seen them too many times. How fun you have them. :) (mom)

Elise said...

Haha, Becca, you're the best. I am so happy they have a good home. It's almost as good as the ending to Toy Story 3! They belong with you.

Katy said...

La Brun!