Sunday, November 1, 2015

30, Nerdy, and Thriving (I love 13 Going on 30 ok?)

I turned 30.  DUN DUN DUNNNNN. 

The day before--my last day in my twenties--was awful. I was mourning my youth. I was realizing my own mortality. I was feeling like death wasn't even that far off, because we only change decades like 8 times and I was on my 3rd. I was certain that it was going to be the worst birthday ever.  

BUT. Surprise twist--it was the best birthday I've ever had. I felt so loved, so celebrated, and so remembered. My family went all out on presents and gave me THIRTY.  They weren't here to open them with me, but I got to spread it out all day and open a few at a time.  SO MANY NERD SHIRTS.






My friends gave me extremely thoughtful gifts that actually made me cry, because they know me so well. Kyle surprised the heck out of me with a new computer (which is why I'm blogging again!) and a great printer. 




I was busy with celebrations all day!! I woke up and was really surprised by decorations and donuts in my downstairs that Celia and Katy had brought over. Jane had speech, and right after that we met Kyle at Sonic for celebratory Diet Cokes, and he surprised me by not going back to work. I was almost immediately whisked away to lunch at Zupas, my fave place, with Katy and Celia. Soon after, Kyle and I went on a short afternoon date.  And Katy made me a really terrific birthday cake!!



A brief rest at home, and then...wait for it...surprise Real Salt Lake game with Celia!!!!  RSL lost horribly and unfairly (stupid refs) but we tried to not let it dampen our spirits.




Honestly, I am so grateful for the people in my life. Instead of facing my increasingly old age with trepidation, I can look forward to everything getting better and better because of my loved ones.  

1 comment:

Christy said...

30 is going to be awesome. How could it not be with all those awesome shirts?!