Friday, January 26, 2007

Ultimate happy song: Fidelity, by Regina Spektor

It seriously makes me rock out. What a song. One of the only things in the world that can make me want to dance. My lack of dancing skills/confidence/appreciation is a serious handicap. I just don't like to dance. It makes me feel awkward. I'm sure it's just self-conciousness. I'm so inhibited it's disgusting. I would really like to feel comfortable enough to enjoy dancing, even if I suck at it. Maybe that's a good goal for 2007.

My date last night was SO FUN. Jeff is a great guy, even if there's zero actual potential there. He and his roommate are so dang funny! And the play was good...in a freakishly long kind of way. But that just lent a spirit of camaraderie to the evening. Sometime I hope I get asked out on a date that is actually exciting. Friend dates/cool dates are great...but how about an exciting one...as in with a boy that I could like? That'll be the day.

Yesterday had some good things and some awkward things. Awkward thing: talking to Biz. I was wondering when that would have to happen...and it finally did. At least I don't have to dread seeing her on campus, because it's okay to acknowledge her now I think. Good thing: pretty much the rest of the day. Oh and sad thing: I almost got to pretend to have womanly wiles! The plan was to distract the target using my seduction skills while Kasey got him from behind...but the mission was aborted. Dang.

Today is a day when I have to do very little. One class at 3! I do have homework before then...and meeting some kids for lunch at 2 (but that's not a chore). Tonight will be fun, no matter what I do, but I should figure out my plans. I miss out on things either way, but hopefully everything will turn out cool.

And last night with Whitney was SO FUN. I hadn't seen that episode before...it was creepyintense. I hope we just started a tradition.

I think I'll listen to Regina again.

2 comments:

Council Bluffs said...

I asked a kid today if his name was Tanner; he said 'no,' but I'm going to the 3:00 class again, hopefully I'll have better things to report.

Anonymous said...

if i was a song, i'd be that one sometimes...well lots of the time