Thursday, June 14, 2007

Today is a day that is sad

Today was a dark day. Today I had to say goodbye forever to every friend I have in the state. Today was the last day of kindergarten.

I held it together pretty well--I teared up when we sang "Each of us is a Flower", but I managed to recover fairly quickly. Yeah, I had to leave during the final chorus of "We All Sing With the Same Voice", but that was just to stave off complete emotional breakdown. It wasn't until the final farewells that I really succumbed to my freakishly emotional genetic tendency. I was actually pretty composed hugging all the kids, even Cameron and Annie, until it came down to Gannon and Wesley. Those tough guys hugged me many times. Gannon handed me a baseball card that he was on (from the Junior Optimist Baseball League! I love that name) and Wesley handed me a Jamba Juice giftcard and yeah, I cried. They felt awkward probably, but Gannon was also worried and wanted to make me feel better so he just hugged me again. Did that help? Not really! Wesley invited me to see Surf's Up with him and his mom today. I wish it was socially appropriate to say yes!

Those kids. I'm going to miss them. A lot. Who knew that 6 year olds would be my best friends this summer?


Gannon


Wesley

No comments: