Monday, June 11, 2007

When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire

I killed a baby chick the other day. I'm traumatized. It was humane and painless, and ended his suffering, but that's not something I ever planned on doing EVER. Mom and I dropped the dry ice in the incubator, sealed it, and RAN out of the room so we didn't have to hear it peep for help. Then we BAWLED. I'm never doing that again. Luckily, we have Basil and Rasputin to console us.


So far my arm doesn't have to be amputated, but I'm expecting it any day. Maybe it'll just fall off instead--that'd be less painful, I think. Definitely less painful that what I am feeling RIGHT NOW. I have no idea what bug did this to me, but I hope it's dead somewhere. I'm concerned because the doctor said "if the bite does this in the next 48 hours, you're going to have to come back and get it cut" and oh great it's done it. I'm giving it til tonight to fix itself--but I really don't want to go back to the hospital. These antiobiotics should be enough, right?

Last night I hung out with friends. Like, people that I like, who also like me, and we hang out together. IT'S SUCH A BIG DEAL!!!! I even had a good time. I thought maybe I'd feel a bit rusty--I haven't been in a real social gathering in weeks--but it was easy. I like friends. I'd like to acquire some more. But I'd like even more to see my old ones in Provo.



Lost Boys is a cinematic triumph. Kiefer's best role, comparable only to Jack Bauer.

3 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Wait, hold up, do you guys have CHICKENS?

I've been trying to convince Aaron to let me get chickens for months...

Anonymous said...

What was wrong with your baby chick? I mean before it was euthenized.

Becca said...

The poor lil guy couldn't get himself completely out of the egg, plus his beak was misaligned and he only had one eye. If he'd survived and been put with the other chicks, they would have pecked him to the death, or he would have starved. So I played Kevorkian.