Wednesday, October 3, 2007


IT'S OCTOBER!!!!!

That means:
--finally well into the semester
--my birthday!
--my favorite day of the year: 10/13
--Hallowe'en
--General Conference
--significantly closer to Thanksgiving
--candy
--maybe I'll let myself be dragged to a holiday dance
--or maybe not

I'm sure that there are other things. I love October. Maybe because it's my birthday month, but I think it's more than that. I love how October feels. Close to holidays, but not stressful. Getting colder, but not freezing my bone marrow. Lots of candy. LOTS of it. Last Halloween was the worst holiday of my entire life. I would like to make up for it by having a sweet awesome Halloween this year. What a I going to be for Halloween? I wasn't anything last year (except for a big pile of misery) so I need to do something cool. Really cool. I'm really bad at costume ideas though. I may rely on others. Any good ideas, let me know. Man, you know who's costume was really attractive last year? KYLE VAUGHN. I remember looking at those pictures long ago, before we were friends. I guess I'm shallow--that's when I decided to date him. That was a good decision. (Granted, it took 8ish months to happen, but still--it worked, right?)

So, my apartment is falling apart. TK is moving out this week. I am SAD. Every time we try to live together, she gets really sick and has to go home. Maybe it's my fault. Lame. Also, Celia's health sucks and her parents are trying to make her come home. NOOOOOOO. My life would seriously be over. Park Place #3 is NOTHING without Cecilia. Probably Katy and I would perish without her.

I don't usually talk about boyfriendy things, especally not on the internet, but MAN I'm just really happy. This is probably the healthiest reltionship I've ever been in! It's not turning me psycho. AND Kyle is nice to me. AND everything is just really great, all the time. I'm so used to having all sorts of problems in a relationship--and this is just SO EASY and RIGHT. NO fighting, no "discussing", no feeling sad and worried all the time! It doesn't cause me any stress. Such a big deal. Is that really awkward to say in a blog? Sorry Kyle.

4 comments:

Christy said...

So what was Kyle for Halloween last year? You have to post the pictures that made you want to date the boy. PS: Thanks for blogging. It made my day.
PPS: I just went to a BOSU workout class. How cool am I! Cool, but freakishly sore.

Scotty said...

Sorry to hear about your roomies. October is a good month. I always loved BYU in October, one of my favorite spots in the late afternoon to read/study is the west side of the Maiser building, siting on the granite with my back against one of the large columns warmed by the afternoon sun and yet there is a cool snap in the air along with the smell of smoke and fallen leaves. I wrote my best poetry there and loved to just read or watch the afternoon fade away as I studied. Yes I do love October at BYU. Thanks for inspiring the memory.

It is true that good things do not always have to be hard to get, sometimes they just work out and feel right. :)

Becca said...

Christy, you should just look at them on facebook. He was Superman. But, I do remember showing you those pictures last Christmas (bizarre, I know!)

Kyle said...

It's not awkward at all. Now, if you started writing about some other guy, things could get awkward.