Saturday, November 10, 2007

such a good weekend

The weekend I've been waiting for for ages is finally here! Christy and Danny and Lucy are in Provo! It was so fun to see Lucy yesterday. It was a pretty busy day. After my crazy English test I picked up Christy and Danny in Pleasant Grove--cried a lot when I finally saw Lucy! I didn't suspect that I would get so emotional! MAN I've missed her. We ran tons of errands for Julie's baby shower. Even though it wasn't exactly relaxing, it was really fun just to be with Christy and Danny again. Provo is so sad without them!

We got to babysit Lucy last night while Danny and Christy were at the BYU Singers Concert. Since we had a baby, we decided to make a really good dinner, just to complete the domesticity level. We had pounded chicken (my favorite!), noodles, salad, bread, and juice. And pudding. It was awesome. (We hardly ever eat real food. I live on Top Ramen and Taco Bell.) Lucy is such an adorable child! She was fascinated by Kyle's plaid blazer, and just held on to his fingers. At 6 months old, she seems pretty brilliant to me. She can sit up all by herself! And she has the cutest baby talk. Lately she likes to click her tongue a LOT, and squeals super loud just to hear herself and get attention. Babies rule.

Today Kyle and I went shopping! I never shop with boys, but turns out he is SO FUN to shop with. And incredibly helpful. I finally used my gift certificate at Forever 21! And guys--what a find. I got a beautiful coat, that's yellow and orange and brown and maroon plaid. I know that sounds hideous but you have NO idea how well it works. I'm ecstatic. I can't wait to wear it! And then I bought some heels that I pretty much fell in love with the second I saw them/put them on. It was a hard decision, but I finally decided to just get them. And they were on sale! I HAD to.

I'm excited for things. Tonight is stake conference, which will be good. They'll just tell us to date people, which is fine because I'll be sitting next to my boyfriend. Then we're going to the HOT SPRINGS! My favorite activity is finally in season. We have a new group going tonight, lots of first-timers. It's such an experience. The freakishly long drive (it's 100 miles to Meadow), the creepy gas station attendants, the soft mossy slime, IHOP at 3 in the morning afterwards--it's incredible. Can't wait. Tomorrow Christy and Danny and Lucy are probably coming over for dinner after stake conference, and Christy promised to bring my current favorite thing in the world--Costco's 7-lb 4-layer Chocolate Cake. Guys. It's gorgeous. In between each of the FOUR layers, is HALF A POUND OF FUDGE FROSTING. It's sick but divine. We're probably all going to die really young. Except Danny. He's freakishly healthy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for photos! How were the Springs?? Many more details will help me as I drag myself through the hideousness of the DS stuff I am writing. I check your blog (and Katy's and Kyle's and Christy's!)after every section is finished. :)