Thursday, November 1, 2007

Total success

Our Halloween party was awesome and exceeded all my expectations. It's all I've done for like 4 days, so now I won't know what to do with myself. Oh yeah, homework. There were tons of people--at one point my apartment was full to capacity, and you couldn't really walk. It was great. The food was great and we had plenty (because we made soooo much) and I was really really proud of the cupcakes! They were my favorite part. And the punch was really good too. I didn't even get any of the real food, unfortunately. Our decorations turned out GREAT. It was worth all the time and money. I'm just sad we have to take them down--we wouldn't, but one of my roommates is really freaked out by them. Pansy. I wish I could even describe all the decorations we had. We went pretty all out.
Kyle and I looked sooo weird--I had facial hair, big thick manly eyebrows, his glasses (really hard for me to see with them on!) and his very distinctive clothes. He looked even weirder with my clothes, blonde wig, flip flops (Kyle NEVER wears sandals), makeup, and painted toenails! The reactions we got were amazing. People had to do doubletakes and were sooo confused. Even our friends were fooled for a split-second. It was funny to switch roles for the night--we got in fights, hit on other people, and answered to the wrong names. He and Nieman had a pretty good time reminiscing about their high school days together in Concord. She kept trying to trick me into messing up, but I'm pretty sure I beat her.

OH and speaking of Nieman. So, I invited my good friend Dave to the party, because he's in my ward and in my English class and he's freakishly awesome and we're friends. I invited Nieman because she's been my best friend for years and we love each other. I had NO plans to hook them up, the idea had not crossed my mind! I wish I had though, because I could take all the credit for them meeting, talking, liking each other, leaving together and hanging out the rest of the night, and going on a date this Saturday! I am very pleased. I like them both so much. I'll probably still take some credit. It was totally proof that it was a REALLY good party.

I took a ton of pictures, but facebook is being stupid and I can't upload them yet. I will tomorrow. Until then, I'm leaving you with my favorite picture of the night.

I don't know why I like it so much. It was just such a funny moment--Poison Ivy trying to seduce Waldo, but laughing too hard to accomplish it. Such a funny idea. People had the greatest costumes tonight.

3 comments:

Katy said...

That picture is truly a gem. I wish facebook would stop messing around and let you put up the rest of them! Also I think I get at least 30% of the credit, because I supported the idea of inviting Dave, and I'm pretty sure I'm the one who finally said the words "Cancel your plans and come to our party," which were pretty key to overall success.

Christy said...

Sounds like anm awesome party-good job! You're pictures are great. You should post thev one of you and Kyle-I loved it!

Anonymous said...

we sad ones who can't get to facebook yet (please come home and set me up! I messed up what Katy did long distance I think)are anxiously awaiting your posting of new pictures. I am interested to see Kyle as YOU! LOVE, mom