Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CHRISTMAS!!!!

Wow, what a great Christmas! I am seriously in shock from all the good times and surprising presents.
Christmas Eve was grand. We finished shopping, did the Nativity play and How The Grinch Stole Christmas at Grandma's house (I was Mary and a Who) with all the little cousins, which was really funny and cute. I love Grandma Joyce, and really admire her, and I LOVE spending time at her house. I feel like I partially grew up there--I'm very lucky to have both sets of grandparents live so close to me. Christmas Eve wouldn't be Christmas Eve without performing the Nativity at Grandma Joyce's house!

Then we ate a gooooood Christmas Eve dinner at home--our traditional meal of roast beast, Yorkshire pudding (not a pudding), and mashed potatoes! It's even better now that I've discovered how much I like mashed potatoes. We opened our Christmas Eve pajamas, and this year we are all matching, which is really cute. I'm sad we didn't take a picture of all of us in our jammies, even Dad and Danny! But it's just as well, because I couldn't post it anyways because Kyle hasn't opened his yet and I don't want him to see what they look like. It was so exciting to see Lucy open her first Christmas present of her whole entire life! She was darling in her Christmas jammies. And THEN we watched the ultimate Christmas movie--THE MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL!!!!!! It was SO fun, and really got everyone feeing Christmasy. Michael Caine has done it again. And yeah of COURSE I cried!

Christmas morning was exciting. I thought I knew what my big exciting Santa present was--an amazing red coat from Urban Outfitters (I'm obsessed with coats and Urban Outfitters). BUT when we all filed downstairs to see what Santa left us, I saw the coat PLUS the best gift I've ever gotten in my whole life! ALL 9 SEASONS OF THE X-FILES!!!!!!!!!!!!! In an attractive box set! My shock was EXTREME. In a million years, I never dreamed that I would ever own it, even though I've longed for it for years. It was too expensive to seriously consider. When I saw it, I literally started crying. That may be ridiculous, but it was sincere. I am so happy. I know that presents aren't the most important thing, but they really do show love and understanding--my mom and dad know me so well, and love me so much, to get that for me! Oh and I also got a lot of other exciting and thoughtful gifts...but I'm too overwhelmed to write about them all. But THANK YOU to everyone who got me such awesome presents. And Christy, you need to post a picture of Lucy in the outfit Katy and I got her...seriously.


So guess what we did all day? WATCHED 7 HOURS OF X-FILES. It's a Christmas miracle. It was joyful. It was the best day ever. It was so fun to watch X-Files all together as a family, because we never did that when the show was on the air. Mom didn't like it, and everyone was busy--it was usually me and one or two other people, tops. But today it was a family activity and we really felt togetherness. And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the spirit of Christmas. X-FILES BRINGS PEOPLE TOGETHER.

The only thing that wasn't perfect was missing Kyle. I hate that I'm so sappy, especially when I publish it in a blog for all the world to see and judge me for. It's just hard--we haven't gone a day without seeing each other since mid-August, when we started dating! That's more than 4 months! And months before that we were talking every single day, hating the 700+ miles between us. And before that...ok I'll stop now. Someday I should write our story...because it's really funny and exciting and surprising and awesome. And I'll stop putting my relationship on display...NOW.

3 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Holy cow you are SO LUCKY to get the X-Files! Your parents must really love you :)

I totally had a dream about you last night (I was a pretty serious dreamer before the prego hormones kicked in. Now, it's like having 5 or 10 visions every night). If my email was working I'd email you the details, but it's being lame so it'll have to wait. It was a good one though.

Alan said...

Good post! Until you got sappy. then I judged you twice and vomited once. Oh well. In a few hours I'll pick you up in Phoenix and we'll go to Provo. Deal?

Janae Wallace said...

X-FILES!!! Did you bring them to Provo?? I LOVE X-FILES! Can I watch them? Like right now? Please?! Gabby and I have been craving it!