Saturday, December 22, 2007

Decadence

I'm home! And having a great time. Getting here was less easy--my flight was way delayed due to a sudden blizzard in Salt Lake, and my plan was one of only four planes who took off once the blizzard started. I was really lucky--the other airplanes got diverted to Boise. I feel REALLY terrible for Kyle, who had to creep home in the slow snowy traffic. It took him 4 hours to get from Salt Lake to Provo! He had a series of bad experiences, culminating with his keys getting locked inside his car. Thank heavens Amanda picked up her phone and left the bridal shower to rescue him! It was so great to get picked up at the airport and see LUCY! We went straight to In 'n Out and I ate a cheeseburger, which made Christy very proud.

Thursday was glorious. Mom, Christy, and I woke up early to get a pedicure! It was my first time. It was nearly two hours of comfort and pampering, and my feet look awesome. I'm not addicted--thank heavens--but I would definitely enjoy that a second time. Then we went out to lunch, went Christmas shopping, wrapped presents, and put them under the tree. It was most fun! Then Katy came home and went straight to bed because she had a miserable day in the airport--her flight was delayed for HOURS.

Today I went to see I am Legend with Dad and Katy. I liked it! Will Smith did an amazing job, and made me cry in several places. It was a little too social commentaryish, but very enjoyable, and TERRIFYING in some places. Then we hung around downtown Walnut Creek and I finally got to go to the new Urban Outfitters they just put in! What a perfect store. We visited Grandma's house and saw some cousins, and for the rest of the day we've been relaxing. I've read a lot, and ate the best dinner ever (Mom's flank steak is worth killing for), and now we're watching Harry Potter 5 in HD! So decadent, and so much fun.

I love being home. It is so relaxing and fun. Lucy is the best--even though she was millimeters away from throwing up in my mouth half an hour ago. She also likes to suck/gnaw on my face. The only drawback is missing Kyle, which I try to stave off wth phone calls. Oh well, only 5 more days until I join him in Phoenix!

1 comment:

Janae Wallace said...

Oh fun! I was delayed for hours at the airport on my way back, it was so sad!