Monday, December 3, 2007

I need Smart Cookie! Mint Chocolate Fudge Cookies are the best!

I'm pulling a Katy--blogging to avoid homework. Oh wait, that's everyone. Kyle said that we can go to Smart Cookie at 5, so I'm just killing time before that. He's sitting next to me doing Important Stuff--in situ hybridization protocol stuff.

It's been fun lately. We've been hanging out with Nieman quite a bit. Oh--sad news--she and Dave Buck broke up. Mostly sad for me, I guess--I had high hopes for them. But she's totally happy, and we do fun things together. The night they broke up she came over to Kyle's house and we watched Love Actually, the BEST MOVIE EVER, especially for Christmas! I'm not actually supposed to tell anyone that Kyle watched/really likes it, because it's not manly enough. We told people we were watching the new Arnold movie, or Rambo 10. (This from the man who ordered a "Harrison Ford" to cover up the "Shirley Temple" that he got.) The next night we all watched Reckless Kelly, which has got to be the funniest weirdest movie ever made by Australians in 1994. I love it, and we all had a really great time.

This weekend it snowed like CRAZY--allll day Saturday. So that night we played in the snow! I'll post pictures later. We were so freezing when we got back, so Katy made us some killer hot chocolate and we watched the X-Files Christmas special. One of my favorite episodes. That REALLY got me in the spirit of Christmas.

Yesterday was Amanda's birthday! We had a big dinner--mostly a reunion for the F6/R22 kids, but there were some newcomers (like me). I was thinking that it was going to be HORRENDOUSLY awkward (because there were 5 ex-couples going, and I was one of them) but I had a good time. I can't believe Sara made enough spaghetti to feed like 20 people!

It was also DAD'S BIRTHDAY!!! Sad that I wasn't home. I called home though, and Mom found the present I had for him that was hidden away in my room. And now I'm really excited to go home again! It's actually pretty soon. After being home for Christmas, I'll fly to Phoenix and hang out with Kyle and his family, and then drive back to Provo with Alan. I'm really excited for school to end so fun can start happening!

This week is kinda easy, but next week is MURDER so I can't relax. I should really just get started on all the hard things...but that's nearly impossible!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I had totally forgotten about Kyle's "harrison Ford". That was hilarious. Glad you've had a fun week. Good luck preparing for finals next week. We're getting excited for Christmas and having you guys home again!

Katy said...

Man, I could go for a Harrison Ford right about now...and yes, I mean that in both senses of the name.