Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back to life, back to reality

This has been the BEST weekend. I'm so sad my family is gone already. They're probably halfway home by now--because they probably left at like 4 in the morning. We got so much done. I'm now the owner of a GORGEOUS wedding dress that I'm absolutely in love with. It's so beautiful. It was so much fun to find it! I tried on about a million dresses, but this one was the obvious favorite. Those dresses weigh a ton--Christy's arms are sore from helping me put them on. It was tiring, but it's impossbile to not feel gorgeous when you're standing on a pedestal with a veil in your hair and beautiful pearl jewelry and the nice assistant is bustling around adjusting the skirt and you have a loooong train behind you and you have an encouraging entourage looking at you in the mirror. It was kind of sad to put on my normal clothes when we were done. Back to real life. I'd post pictures, but Kyle isn't allowed to see the dress. Poor boy. BUT I showed him my AMAZING shoes and jewelry. Another reason to be excited to get married--I get to wear this gorgeous outfit and look hot for one day.

We also picked/designed our invitations! They are exactly what we wanted. I can't wait to actually see what they look like. Kyle and I are going to Salt Lake to pick up the proofs when they're ready--maybe I can sneak a picture of them when we're doing that.

In addition to all the wedding jobs that were completed, we also had a great time! We ate out (Bajio TWICE) and hung out and listened to some sweet tunes off my wedding playlist while we drove back and forth to Salt Lake. AND we went shopping! I got some sweet boots, and tons of makeup. I also got my hair cut--this was a beautifying weekend, believe me. Lucy was a doll, and I miss her already. Her new tricks are SO cute!

And now it's back to real life! At least it's still Sunday, and today is stake conference so I slept in until 11 (it's been an exhausting weekend). I got all my homework done by Thursday, so that I could relax with my family--so I can play today! (I hope Kyle can...I guess it's not likely)

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Please, oh, please e-mail us a photo of the dress!!!! We won't show Kyle, promise!

Janae Wallace said...

OOO! I totally noticed your haircut! I kept staring at your hair but I didn't say anything! I'm should have! I would have seemed so cool to have noticed! Well, it looks amazing :)

TheMoncurs said...

So, I was feeling all wedding nostalgic after your email and watched me and Aaron's wedding slideshow and I noticed something...you're in it!

http://themoncurs.blogspot.com/2006
/11/wedding-slideshow.html