Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm too excited to be productive

AHHHHH Christy and Mom and Lucy and Dad and Danny are coming tomorrow! I can't BELIEVE I still have to go to classes! It seems like real life should just stop so I can bask in the fun of this weekend! I finally got my big paper done, so I can really relax and enjoy the time we have together. When I say "relax", I use that term loosely, of course. It is going to be a jam-packed weekend! But only with great things. It's the first time I've seen my family since I got engaged! We have so much to do. We're meeting with the photographer, finding bridesmaid dresses, picking out invitations, and finding my wedding dress! Plus the continual flower/food/decorations/cake conversations will finally go somewhere. I can't wait to make some definite decisions and put on some pretty gowns. "Gown"--yeah I've never used that word to describe anything that I've put on! PLUS it's thrilling to spend some quality time with my adorable niece. She's getting cuter and smarter everyday, I swear. I can't wait to see her. PLUS my family being here=tons of Bajio and other assorted restaurants. My family is so awesome--we have sooo much when we're all together and in party mode. The Squeak games this weekend are going to be ferocious.
All this is making my current boredom ever harder to bear! Not that I SHOULD be bored--I have plenty of productive stuff to be doing. Like homework that's due tomorrow. I just can't concentrate though! I've already done so much today, and I just wish I could be done so I could sit back and wait to go to the airport tomorrow. Kyle's at work, like ALWAYS, and Katy's at orchestra, so I've just been sitting in my room doing homework for the last 4 hours and that isn't good for me! Luckily, soon I get to enjoy their company over some delicious 5 Buck Pizza. Actually it's Zero Buck Pizza for Kyle and me, because Katy has graciously offered to pay for said pizza. She's great, and I'm poor. Speaking of me not having any money left--I'm so excited for Kyle's birthday! I shouldn't have gotten presents so early, because now I have to wait to give them to him. OH and that reminds me--we got his wedding ring! Instead of the week they told us it would take, it was like 2 days. It is the coolest ring ever, and it looks so manly on him. He really wishes he could wear it right now, but Mom says absolutely not. THAT'S RIGHT. So I'm keeping it in my drawer with my wedding ring, which I can't help but pull out once in a while and try it on. It's so beautiful! The diamonds in the band are so perfect. I love it. And Kyle's masculine tungsten is pretty dang sweet.
Let's not talk about Super Tuesday, I'm still getting over it. At least Del Taco Tuesday was fun. We were actually there when everyone else was, which was exciting--usually Kyle's job sets us back like half an hour after everyone else leaves. And Celia and Katy came this week, which was very fun. Man, Del Taco AND I finished my Graham Greene paper! Tuesday was a great night, if you exclude the political arena, which I choose to.
We finally know when we're going to go to Calfornia for the weekend. That's going to be awesome--we get to register, and meet with the flower lady, and the cake lady, AND I get to have a bridal shower! So busy but such a great time. Being engaged is so much fun. I can't wait for my engagement segment of life to be over, of course, but I really am enjoying it. If only school wasn't getting in the way of my happiness! It isn't REALLY though. I complain about it all the time, but I know I'll miss it when it's gone.
OK I have to get back to work. Once Kyle gets home it's even harder to get anything done. I considered holding my breath until tomorrow morning, but I don't want to miss out on all the fun.

1 comment:

Janae Wallace said...

Becca! If you are ever bored you can call me! I usually get home at 6pm from work M-F, so you can totally just call me and say "Janae, entertain me!" And I'll be right over :) I have NO homework because of my lack of classes, so you would totally be saving me!