Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Feel Positive

Some things I love:

1. Waking up late. Seriously. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I don't have class until 1, and Kyle doesn't come over until 12 when he's done with class. So I wake up at 10 or 10:30, which is glorious. I am so happy at night when I know I don't have to wake up early in the morning. I know that this way of life will have to change when I get married, and I'm willing to sacrifice it. But I am going to live for Saturday mornings.

2. My links list. It pleases me. I love going down my list when I have fast internet and seeing if anyone has posted. If you have Analytics, there's a good chance that I'm a significant chunk of your percentage. I love checking (even though I'm so very often disappointed). I love adding new people to my links list. I like having a complete list. The more the merrier. Blogs are awesome, and they're something for me to do when I'm bored in the LRC. So POST POST POST!

3. My wedding playlist. It is expanding, and becoming more and more awesome. It is fun to listen to. Be excited for my reception. It's not just gooey songs, it's...good songs. It's only hard because so many of my favorite songs are sad...and it's just not the right occasion for sad songs. I wish I could have a Cure themed wedding. The sadness of my life is that none of my favorite George Michael songs are appropriate for a wedding reception.

4. My supply of Rice Chex. I am never going to run out. Ok well I will...but I have like 5 boxes left. That's what happens when Kyle Vaughn buys you presents. He likes things in bulk--as do I. Whenever I want cereal, it's good to know that it's right there, on the tippy top shelf over the microwave that requires a chair to reach it.

5. Kyle's birthday presents. I'm just really excited to give him his presents! I wish I was a trillionaire so I could keep buying him gifts. And all of you guys would get some too. Giving awesome presents is one of my favorite activities.

6. Picasa picture grids. They are great. My desktop is a picture grid of Kyle and me. They're also a great way to send examples of flowers and cakes to your mom and sister when you're trying to plan a wedding long-distance.

7. Google desktop. The sidebar tells me immediately when someone has updated their blog. That's just neat.

8. Guitar Hero. I (surprisingly) love it. Celia just bought an X-Box to satisfy her Guitar Hero needs, so I'll finally be able to satisfy my own.

9. Hating management. Management is getting worse and worse, and we all know it, and it brings us together. My room is entirely disordered and it's their fault. I feel close to people who share this dislike.

10. Internet stalking. Yes.

11. Rice King. I was thinking about it tonight (we found another Rice King-lover in the ward!) and what a great place it is. After Biz converted me, I've converted many people over the years. Establishments where you are on a first name business with the owner are just GOOD. Victor is right up there with Raj--actually...yes, I feel closer to Victor. There, I said it.

12. My computer. It means a great deal to me, and now with new faster internet, it is truly THE SUPER COMPUTER. It's a good thing I named it The Uber Mensch when I first got it.

13. Having Kyle read my mind when I'm annoyed with people. I know he knows exactly what's going on in my head...and that's love.

14. My renewed social interest. I'm totally liking hanging out with people. I am no longer a hermit. I think it's safe to say that Kyle and I aren't that couple who are grossly into each other--and are therefore disgusting to be around. We're still cool to hang out with, right?

15. Checking my email on my phone. It's great when I'm really bored. And even though it's not a novel concept anymore, I still feel cool doing it. I've had my phone for at least 5 months now and I'm still obsessed with it. Best And Most Attractive Phone Ever.

5 comments:

Council Bluffs said...

Agreed with like everything. Yeah, you guys are a cool couple, haha, werewolves with ya'll says it all. Um, internet stalking...soooooo, last year I never got Cameron Boyce. He's the guy that squirt Tiffany Taylor. I tried 4 times to get him and then I found out later that he wouldn't go to classes, or church, and would stay in his apartment all the time. So he pretty much has to go down. Me and Emily are going to get him sometime, probably at his work...but, it would still be fun to get him on campus...
For Narnia!
Let's soak him for Crutchie!

Janae Wallace said...

Yay for internet stalking! And yes, the management is dumb. I agree with everything you said in your blog. Oh, and you guys are wonderful to hang out with! Especially when Kyle is yelling at council bluffs...good times...

Rica said...

You guys make werewolves absolutely hilarious. It's a lot of fun hanging out with you more this semester. And once I get through midterms, I'll be able to really update my blog again! Yay!

forget laundry said...

becca- I know you don't really know me great- but I heard you were getting married and I am so happy for you. so, I stalked you. congrats- being married/in love is the best. also, do you know about google reader? I just started doing it- it checks when people update their blogs for you- instead of going through your link list. let me know if you want more infro- I mean info. ha. so happy for you. -hillary (bevan) collette

Caitlin Carroll said...

Ummm... I LOVE Rice King. They have a whole vegetarian menu with so much deliciousness. I didn't know you loved it so much too, so we should go sometime!!