Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm feeling all Valentinesy


Tomorrow is...VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Ok, I LOVE Valentine's Day. It doesn't matter if I'm single or dating or whatever (and I usually am single) (but I never will be again!). I love going to Smiths and seeing everything covered in heart balloons and roses and the CANDY is incredible. I like candy more when it is holiday-themed, and I just love white and pink and red M&Ms more than normal M&Ms! And this year I get to be all Valentinesy with Kyle (pretty much my first Valentine's Day with a boyfriend since...Chad Westover. I was 17), although with our incompatible schedules, that probably doesn't mean much! But STILL. It's just nice to have LOVE be such a focus for a day, even though lots of people hate it and will wear black tomorrow. I'm just sappy I guess!

I really like holidays because they're such good landmarks. I remember exactly what was going on last Valentine's Day. I had just found out that Lance was getting married like that exact week, which was EMOTIONAL, I had given up on Kyle because at that point he was actually officially with Chelsea, and Valentine's Day was my first date with Adam. I wasn't entirely unhappy, but LOOK AT ME NOW! It's so funny how everything's happened. MAN we got lucky. It would have been easier if it had been Kyle I was about to go out with for the first time, but I guess this way our story is better because we got to pine for each other from afar for a while. Made the heart grow fonder and all that.


I got TWO packages today! One of them is a Cormac McCarthy book that I'm very excited about reading--Katy P. said it's TERRIFYING and I should probably never be alone for 3 days after I read it. That appeals to me. I can't say what the other one is because Kyle's birthday is still HECK OF LONG FROM NOW. But it's still exciting!

Today I resisted the ultimate temptation--a beautiful handbag on forever21.com. It's a good thing that Janae was around to talk me back to reality, although that wasn't really her goal. But she did distract me and I started looking at verabradley.com, and those are so expensive of course I wouldn't impulsively buy one!



Today I talked to Mom for the first time since Saturday, and she IS alive, and her surgery went well (enough), and she gets to go home tomorrow. Yay! I've secretly been very worried and bawled (seriously) in the office of my very nice professor who reminds me of Grandma Kay. BUT it's all done now! AND Mom's school got the huge award that she dedicated her life to applying for this year. SO...that's all very good news. The unfortunate news is that my wedding interferes with the whole award thing which includes Disneyland and Arnold Schwarzenegger. We're going to see what can work...I would hate to stop her from shaking the hand of our own Governator!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Just invite Ah-nold to the wedding.