Sunday, June 15, 2008

Big Green Hunk

Over the years we've come up with lots of nicknames for our dad--and my favorite has always been The Big Green Hunk. I think we called him that because he had some great black/green pants with lizards on them. He was "the hunk" because we thought (and think) he was so handsome--a mix between Harrison Ford and Charlton Heston (which is totally true, by the way--Indiana Jones meets Ben Hur!)
I'm trying to avoid being all cheesy and gushy, but it's true that I love my dad and think he's the best. Mostly everyone who reads my blog knows my dad, so you know how awesome he is. He is so fun--today in Sacrament meeting I was missing sitting by him because he likes to keep us entertained by making up funny actions/motions for the words of the hymns. When he's in a funny mood, we're pretty much all dying with laughter. Ask him to do some good accents for you--or recite some good pre-battle speeches, like in Braveheart and Lord of the Rings. He's really great to watch zombie movies with, and waking him up for Sunday dinner is always a good time. I have some great memories of him being totally dorky just to cheer me up--which included prancing around like Legolas and doing the chicken dance. My dad has taught me a lot--I remember him talking to me when I was really young about always having a smile inside, and I've never forgotten it. He's taught his girls how to responsible and self-reliant, but we always know that he'll help us out if we need anything.

Anyways, I love Dad. I've always known how lucky I am to be his daughter. I hope y'all are nice to your dads today, and have a good Father's Day!

5 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

Aww Greggy...your dad is awesome. Always one of my favorites!

Lisa said...

Just wanted to let you know that this post totally made me cry! I love your dad too and it made me realize how lucky I am to have an awesome dad too! It was SO fun to see you yesterday and I was SO SO SO happy to FINALLY meet Kyle! Love your guts!

Anonymous said...

Amateur Telefon Sex

Private Amateure

Girls Cams

Anonymous said...

Thank u :-) check out that emo boy hair over this blog:
http://crazy-emo-boys.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)