Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Verdict(s)

I loved this book.  Yeah, it was dark and creepy and sad.  It totally spoke to me though.  That might be because I love post-apocalyptic/zombie books.  It did, however, feed my fear of my loved ones dying, so it was also upsetting--but that might just be me.  It was really beautifully written though, and I had a hard time putting it down.  It's definitely a read-it-all-in-one-day book.  I wasn't totally fulfilled by the ending, but that's just because I'm curious about what happened to some of the characters.



Obernewtyn is pure fun.  It's pure teenage fantasy fun.  AND it's the beginning of a sizeable series, so that's always good news.  It was a good one to keep in my purse and read in my free time, no matter where I was.  There better be more romance in the next one though!  The hints were killing me.

I'm not a book reviewer, mind you.  Nor am I super sophisticated.  Maybe after I read Middlemarch.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Have you read the Sevenwaters series? Author is Juliet Marillier, and I'm going to try one of the books you just mentioned! Yay, I was running out of good books to read.

Caitlin Carroll said...

I just finished The Red Tent. It's been around for a few years and was fairly popular, so you may have read it already, but I LOVED it. I appreciate my womanhood so much more now. And it's cool because it's about the Bible, so it actually made me want to read my scriptures to figure out what happened according to Genesis. And I really like Orson Scott Card's series about the Sarah, Rebecca, and Rachel and Leah. A little cheesy, but I read them fast and feel educated.