Monday, February 1, 2010

There's Something Wrong With Me

I just can't get into 24 this season.

I don't know what it is.  I mean, Jack is back.  He's not dying of whatever disease anymore (I honestly don't remember what it is, just that his skank daughter saved him somehow, the end of last season was so boring and lame mostly because WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO TONY?), he's looking good and still tough and everything.  CTU is even back, which is great news--although it's in New York which bugs me for some reason and has the least likable director ever (maybe I'm just bitter that it can't be Bill anymore because OH WAIT, BILL IS DEAD YOU GUYS, DEAD). 

I should be liking this season.  Here is why:


David Anders.  Of Alias and Heroes fame.  LOVE him.  He's a nice Russian mobster this season, and he's cool.  He's risking shiz to help his brother (I think it's his brother, like I said, it's hard for me to pay attention this season) and I respect that.


I really liked Anil Kapoor in Slumdog Millionaire.  I think it's neat he's in 24.  I don't love his character (adultery isn't cool) but I don't blame Anil for that.  He's a good actor.


                              

I used to hate Chloe, but I have to like her now--if only because she is the ONLY GOOD GUY LEFT.  From the original season, that is.  Other than Jack.  It's so lame that 24 likes to take everyone you've ever loved and then RIP THEM TO SHREDS--multiple times, in some cases.  Man.  This bitterness still runs deep.  WHYYYYYYY.


                                          

I'm not ashamed to admit that I watched a season of Battlestar Galactica.  Ok, maybe just a little bit ashamed.  Anyways, it's cool that Starbuck is now in 24.  Except I don't like her long hair.  I never thought she was attractive in the first place though, kind of too manly.  Her little side-plot is BORING though.  And it's lame/unbelievable that she's engaged to...

                                                

FREDDIE PRINZE JR.  IN 24.  Come on---that is HILARIOUS.  And while I know he's a total joke, I have to remember that time in 7th grade when I was totally in love with him and had a poster of him in my room.  It's so great that he's all tough--he's the field ops commander!  And yet such a pretty boy.  Anyways, hysterical and GREAT.

So, even with all the above reasons that this should be a good season, I am completely bored by it.  I still watch it every week, but only because Kyle still loves it.  There have been bad seasons before (let's be honest) and I always still managed to be excited every Monday night.  I think I just sort of broke up with 24 in my heart when they killed Bill (my grief is still raw) and turned Tony into a loser (after killing him off, bringing him back seasons later, pretend that he's bad, turns out he's still good, and then oh wait turns out he really IS bad).  I just can't forgive them for that.  

It's sad to not care about it though.  I wish I could.  I'm going to try.

7 comments:

TheMoncurs said...

I stopped watching two seasons ago and never looked back. I don't even miss it. I feel a little guilty about that.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry it's not just you. After seeing the same old thing, year after year, blah, blah, blah it gets a little old. I swear I can predict exactly how Jack will move his head in response to what's going on around him in every scene. It's just gotten waaaaaay tooooo predictable and boooooooring!!!!

Jules AF said...

I love Freddie Prinze Jr. too. Don't tell anyone.

Christy said...

I totally agree.Last week I decided to stop trying. I'm not watching it anymore. Mostly because I couldn't stand the ad for next week with red head about to be raped by that nasty Russian mobster. And Starbuck is freakishly MANLY. I hate that girl!

Katy said...

wait WHAAAAAAAAAAT?? I was totally not going to watch this season because I keep forgetting it even exists so why add things to my day, but HOLY SMOKES I had no idea all of those awesome people were in it!!! How did no one tell me Mr. Sark is in this season? OMGOSH. And okay I am NOT ashamed to admit a mad passion for BSG and therefore Starbuck is totally down in my book. And freaking Anil Kapoor?! Holy Mother!! This is insane!!!!

Whitney said...

yeah...i have to admit i've stopped watching 24 even long before the mish. I happened to stumble upon it yesterday and I watched for a few minutes cause I heard there is russian but all I heard were some fake russian accents and got bored-I miss the good ol' days of seasons 1-3.

Celia said...

WHAT has happened to you!?