Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This pregnancy thing takes FOREVER

 I'm 30 weeks pregnant, which isn't exciting, but I think I'll be excited next week, when the weeks-to-go count drops to the single digits.

PRILOSEC WORKS!  This is my 6th day of being heartburn-free.  It is miraculous and beautiful. I forgot what it was like to not have heartburn every night, and let me tell you, it is wonderful.

While being heartburn-free is AWESOME, I am facing Morning Sickness 2.0: Cruise Control: Tokyo Drift.  I've thrown up for the last couple of days, which I pray doesn't mean I'm going to be throwing up for the next 10 weeks.  I am nauseated...a lot of the time.  And I'm really tired.  But so far it is nowhere NEAR as bad as it was the first 4ish months of the year, so I am at least grateful for that. I can still maintain a mostly normal lifestyle.

Although I feel huge, I know I'm not really.  I can't bend down/roll over/move easily, but I'm not like FREAKISHLY uncomfortable yet.  Unfortunately, and this will probably stay true until she's born, Velocity is too big for the space she's in and therefore DRIVING ME CRAZY.  She doesn't just kick a lot, she kicks CONSTANTLY, and she punches, rolls, does windmills, and who knows what other shenanigans.  It's freaking water aerobics in there, and it's hilarious.  And it's really fast-paced!  And it shakes my entire torso!  And it's freaking me out!  Girlfriend needs some more wiggle room and I'm hoping my body can accommodate.

A pretty good representation of me at 30 weeks:



(Our non-pregnancy-related great news: Kyle just got a raise/promotion! I am very proud of him.  I'm now married to a Microbiologist II.)

6 comments:

Katy said...

Becca, I must beg you to correct your aggregious error--everyone knows that 'Tokyo Drift' is only use on the THIRD installment of a series. At best you are currently suffering from Morning Sickness and the Temple of Doom Strikes Back. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Becca said...

Oh shiz I can't believe I made that error. Part Deux would be appropriate, but that's a little obvious.

We're even though, because it's spelled "egregious" DON'T GET MAD, GOOD SPELLING IS ALL I HAVE.

Katy said...

Oh man, check out my egregious spelling error up in there. I deserve your harshest scorn.

Katy said...

I would like to add that I found my own error before reading your comment. . .so I guess that leave me with recognizing my own mistakes, but too late for it to be of any use. I have SKILLZ, yo.

Kyle said...

Do you mean "Skills"? I need to start a english blog to teach you you're errers.

amanda said...

oh my word good for Kyle. Also I hope you don't puke for 10 more weeks as well. I hate puking in it's entirety, good reason or not.