Kyle's 28th birthday is tomorrow. Kelsie offered to babysit Ruby, so we're going to do dinner and a movie using gift certificates Kyle got for his birthday.
Things that are making me happy:
- The results of retail therapy, courtesy of my mom--jeans and a couple shirts, lots and lots of food from Costco, Ruby's new Ikea chair that I'm going to cover, and her new Magnadoodle that we all love to play with.
- Thoughtful gifts from friends and family that let me know they're thinking of me, like a box of Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes from Nancy and awesome nail polish from Ashley (which I'm wearing right now).
- The huge stack of library books next to my bed. Yesterday I read 500 pages of Game of Thrones (finally, I've been wanting to read it forever!) and it's great to take my mind off things.
- Cadbury Mini-Eggs.
- Ruby's tricks. She is getting funnier every day and really brightens things up around here.
- The Thanksgiving Point pass my mom got for me and Christy. You know where we'll be every Tuesday and Thursday for the next year.
- Kyle. Sometimes when he's asleep he looks like a movie star. A movie star who is helpful and sweet and extremely thoughtful.
- I'll miss Downton Abbey, but at least The Walking Dead is on tonight.
Right now I hear Ruby giggling wildly while Kyle gives her a bath. Things like that make me smile.